New ship and mission idea

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

New ship and mission idea

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

I've been thinking about this for a while and I remember the bar tend keep talking about how Troy has a bunch of brillance running through it. What if you run into Tayla and she gives you a mission. The confeds, miltia, and hunters and blocked all jumppoints, bases, and planets in the Troy system to dig Tayla out and stop the brillence. Now here comes my idea for a ship, a blockaid running Centurion. Give it weaker armor, shields, 100 units of cargo space, no rear turrest, 2 light guns, 2 heavy guns, bigger reactor, and give it a after burner speed of 1500kps.

The reason for this is you have to haul at least 100units of brillence for the mission and you have to be able to out run the Confeds, militia, and hunters.Put so many as every jump point that it would be impossible to out gun them in any ship, but at least you can out run them and still stand a good chance for a fight if you have no choice. Have the ship preequiped with the basic shields and weapons and of course afterburners and if you fail your mission then the ship blows up. Basically a failsafe to keep people from starting the mission and flying off with the ship. And at the end you get tayla out and you recieve the ship in return

Make it so you have to purchase the ship from tayla, and its a stolen merchant expermental ship made for the Palan blockaide.

Just some thoughts, I was going to try modding my own centurion, but I lack that ability
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The confeds, miltia, and hunters and blocked all jumppoints, bases, and planets in the Troy system to dig Tayla out and stop the brillence.
I couldn't imagine why all those parties joined up and blocked such an unimportant system just for stopping Tayla. I mean, the hardest canon blockade we ever had in Gemini was around Palan, and there was only one party involved. Why should the confeds cut away ships from the frontier to stop Brilliance runs? They couldn't even afford to patrol Gemini while looking for Eden. Everybody seems to be short on ships, pilots, whatever, and everybody knows that the ultimate source for Brilliance are the pirate bases, so why not track down Pentonville?

Also, be aware that Troy is just a "washing point" where the cargo changes its owner to get into the real big bucks areas. And you name it, "a lot of" Brilliance is going through Troy, but not all. If you kicked Troy, the Pirates probably would go to Junction.
Now here comes my idea for a ship, a blockaid running Centurion.
I agree, this game is in need for a good blockade runner. However, I do not see the point to give it 4 guns, or the turning jets of a centurion. Make it a Tarsus, 1500kps, the turning rate of a Drayman, low shields and armor, one single gun, 100 cargo space. It needs to fly straight forward, it needs to be fast, but it doesn't need to dogfight.
Make it so you have to purchase the ship from tayla, and its a stolen merchant expermental ship made for the Palan blockaide.
If you really want to see something like that, I'd suggest to write a good storyboard with dialogues and parameters and hand it over for discussion at the PU forum. From what I can read here, that's a campaign I could create with my limited skills. Same for the ship.
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

Well I wanted the centurion because no one has really given a modded centurion and I feel it just hasn't gotten the attention other ships have in the game

Thanks I will do that, I like making up stories, story writing was one of my strongest points in high school and college. I guess where I lack in my ability to program and mod, I can make up for with my writing
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Psycho Diver, if you want to contribute storylines, that would be very helpful, but check out my deep analysis of privateer, first; and the characters and factions pages, and the evolving privateer timeline and RF timeline, and let's take it from there. We've got a wealth of plots brewing, but it all has to fit together, so we should all work together, and at the PU forum.