Can't save in 1.0.2

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
lowededwookie
Trader
Trader

Can't save in 1.0.2

Post by lowededwookie »

Hi,

I'm using a Mac (Intel) and I can't seem to save any games. In VegaStrike and in the old Privateer you went to the computer or trade screens and saved there but nothing shows up for being able to save games.

Also, how do you use the throttle slider on the joystick as the throttle? It's using the throttle slider to roll and the twist grip as the throttle.

Thanks for your help.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I assume that you are talking about Gemini Gold (Huge difference like day and night between 1.2 and 1.02... don't ask me why they chose this horrible version scheme with such similar numbers)

As a Vega Strike player, I wasted 15 minutes only to find out that the way to do it is to dock to a base, and in the concourse, go to the upper left area of your screen until you see a link, and click it.
(Or, failing that, use the right mouse button to jump around between clickable areas)

Then, you can hit the save button and save on top of "New Game" in order to get a saved game labeled with your base.

The throttle should be in the Setup program... look under joystick. If the presets are not detailed enough for your joystick, you will have to edit your vegastrike.config. Look in the Wiki at the top for help on doing that.

Good luck :-)
lowededwookie
Trader
Trader

Post by lowededwookie »

Yeah sorry, I meant Gemini Gold.

The problem with the throttle is that I have selected the throttle option. I might try the reverse throttle option and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try the top left thing.
lowededwookie
Trader
Trader

Post by lowededwookie »

Yep, backwards throttle option is the one.

I have to say, that is the dumbest idea ever. Who made it default to throttle = roll?

The Save option seems somewhat flakey though. I couldn't bring up the textbox to change the name but it looks like I can save at least.

Thanks for your help.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

wookie--

A recent Apple software update has caused Gemini Gold to randomly crash after 10-15 minutes of combat due to a problem with the OpenAL.framework file in /System/Library/Frameworks.

If you are experiencing these issues and have downloaded the game before Friday July 27th,2007 at 8am GMT please post here and download a full package that includes the old OpenAL here: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/privat ... a.dmg?modt ime=1185517926&big_mirror=0 it is 290,257,744 bytes

--
If you are unable to download such a large file, I've made a replacement OpenAL file available here http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/users ... tv/oal.dmg
I recommend renaming and backing up your /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework and placing mine in /Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework
Good Luck--
and apologies for this unexpected apple update

This problem affects *all* intel mac versions of Vega Strike actually
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
lowededwookie
Trader
Trader

Post by lowededwookie »

I'm downloading this file now.

If you need more testers for the Intel Mac versions please feel free to contact me at any time.

I love these games and I want to see it do really well. In fact I've told many a friend about Privateer and VegaStrike.

One thing that I find weird, when using a joystick (I have a Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro) the controls go all over the show then they come right. Like for instance if I let go of the stick the ship rotates something chronic but if I twist the stick and hold the X and Y axis in such a way that the ship is perfectly level, then everything comes right for the rest of the game. The exact same thing happens in VegaStrike.

Not sure if it's a feature but I just thought I'd mention it. Self-calibrating games could be a thing of the future. :)
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by John Cordell »

lowededwookie wrote: If you need more testers for the Intel Mac versions please feel free to contact me at any time.
Great!
Please send us a message to priv@solsector.net and we will inform you about future beta tests.
Privateer Gemini Gold
privateer.sourceforge.net