Privat Strike

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Privat Strike

Post by rlaan »

sorry folks, my version was automatikly deletet from filefront, i have forgott to read my e-mails ... how ever, there any bugs i have found, i fix this and reupload later...

PrivatStrike is my stand alone mod. A remix from Privateer Remake, Vegastrike, WCU... have fun. But Remember, it is not Privateer, many things are different.

http://hosted.filefront.com/Rlaan/
Here you find the files (4 parts), the patch (fix a Bug in the Ragnarok System), and a picture gallery.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/1787433
Here a smal video "The battle in Shangri La" -- Quicksilver vs Kilrathi Dreadnought.

key-list:

a Autopilot
nN Set Navpoint
* max speed
/ full stop
tab Afterburner
^° slide (jets off, cyroscop rotation)
j jump (in jumppoint when you hav a jumpdrive)

tT Target
l Lock Target (rmb)
hH Next Enemy Target
s Turret fires on locked enemy target
S turret save mode
enter fire missile (mmb)
space fire guns (lmb)

w select missile
g select gun

ctrl-x relase wingman in hold
ctrl-a attak target
ctrl-h help me
ctrl-f on my wing - follow by jumping
tractor wingman back to hold

m cargo
e object structur
v object view
r damage report
o mission objectives
M MAP-NAV-COMP
k toggle autoaim
,. Sound volume

2xf1 switch cockpit (Vegastrike like <=> Privateer like)
f1-f4 cockpit
f6 your ship cam
f8 target cam
F11-F12 zoom
num ar rotate view

esc-q quit

1-5 communication 1-friendliy 5-angry

mouse wheel select locations in Bases or guild menue

Hint: Good ships have a (A) or better (A+), sometimes you find the same hull with a (A) good condition or (C) scrap. Use only A or A+ hulls.

Rockets are here primary ammunition. A centurion can carry more than 100 FF Rockets, fire swarms to fighter squads. The heavy puls guns are to wipe out Capships in no time. think like a marine battleship, for smal and flexible targets use turrets and missilles. to destroy another capship use your plasma and tachion or photon-implosion-blasters.

to the radars
military-spec ships and the (A) or (A+) grade ships have a military radar. he is different to the zivil radars:

military radar: smal autotracking cone bat often a bigger range and the luxury to select every target or navpoint without turnig your ship.

zivil radar: extra large autotracking cone, but often smaler range and you must turn the ship to the target to select it.

some ships have a smal radar, you must search a little bit by clean- and sensor sweeps.

somtimes, but very rarely you become a smal damage, but so unlucky that your ship is unrepaireble. total damage from 1 rocket. you must sell it and by a new. but keep cool, is very very rarely 1 of 10000 hits.

i know any smaler bugs, sorry, i try to fix it in the next relase:
- the musik is not working
- sometimes after explosions a texture flying around
- asteroids performance problem
- respawn dont work (start new and reload)

when you will test, load the last save and in your garage (my fleet) you find a quicksilver, the best ship (normaly for millions of credits only in the steltek-research labs to by) or a kamakh.

Remember: many ships have different quality hulls. use (A+) or (A) grade hulls.

Secrets:

To fly in the steltek galaxy, search in the delta prime system, but remember: Kilrathi and humans have not allowed to fly in other galaxys, use only the way to steltek over stel and skel. do not fight again the steltek defense posts, you can not win!

To bye a Kilrathi or experimental fighter, fly to the cm-n1054 system, lavigne-terminal. a reserch post driven by human and kilrathi scientists. yes incredible hi hi hi.

To become super heavy missions try the guild in the penders star system, fortress moore. i think i must not say, you can not win with a tarsus against a kilrathi fleet with a dreadnought, 6 kamakhs and 30 fighter! this missions bring 1,5 megacreds, but you need the equitment to do that! or you try it with a drone, the convolution microfighter or the schroedinger cat ship ^^. you will win, but takes a complet day for it.

when you find bugs, please post it here. thanx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rlaan on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Nice video!
Looks like you did a ton of work.
What's the Ragnarok bug?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Yeah, looks good. I wish I had broadband to afford the download :cry:
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

by the redimensioning the systems, a asteroid field is fallen into a planet, so you can not scan it, the patch fix it.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Dilloh wrote:Yeah, looks good. I wish I had broadband to afford the download
Awesome stuff Rlaan!! :( Yeah, me too :(
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

What I like the most about it is you managed to scale up the planets without breaking other things; not sure how you did it. With WCU, Spiritplumber tried making planets and bases larger, and she had all kinds of problems and ended up putting them back to their original sizes. One problem was with docking distances to planets, because the engine measures them relative to the planet's center, instead of the surface. Hellcat said he's going to help me fix that when he comes back from vacations. Any other problems you ran into with large bases?
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

i have only set the base size in the units file and the system.scale in the vegastrike.config. trading missions are working. landing only by colision. :o
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

rlaan wrote:i have only set the base size in the units file and the system.scale in the vegastrike.config. trading missions are working. landing only by colision. :o
Interesting , I"ll try using your values in the very next PU base mod. If there are any bugs the players will spot them for us.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

i have only set the base size in the units file and the system.scale in the vegastrike.config. trading missions are working. landing only by colision.
I'd like to see this tested with a standard campaign cargo run first.
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

i am a little bit confused... the distance to a planet ist not to the center of it, the distance is to the "surface".

the redimensioning was the last i have changed. all random missions are working, i hope the storry do that too...

another thing is, the rockets are flying different after the redimensioning, the hitrate is lesser. but its dosnt matter, before the rockets was too maighty.
firing 1 or 2 is in this version by a battle of 30 ships not usable. i fireng 20 rockets at once. they hunt down automaticly many ships. the rockets are smaler and you can carry magazines of it, like a mashine gun ^^

sorry for all the original lovers, this version is another thing of game. maybe i will work now by PU original like. 8)
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

I downloaded your game and its good 8) but I've been looking through the files and see a lot of unnecessary files that are still in there. Examples are: all the .ani folders in sprites/bases directory (such as fixers, various base animations), the no merchant/merc png files are no longer necessary with your base images. Some of your cockpit files are redundant and can be lumped together with a little work. Redundant csv files in your units directory, you shouldn't need that many, but I don't know which ones your program is using.

I'll look for more in the future. Taking these files out and and just cleaning up should reduce the download size, hopefully it can get to something more bearable for those that don't have broadband uber-connection.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

i am a little bit confused... the distance to a planet ist not to the center of it, the distance is to the "surface"
The game uses, or should use by now, the center of the planet to calculate your distance, resulting in trouble when your cargo mission says "go to a distance of 5000km to complete the mission". Did you use PR1.2?

Normalerweise sollte das Spiel das Planetenzentrum verwenden, besser wäre natürlich die Oberfläche. Wenn die Frachtmission zum beispiel eine Distanz von 5000km zum Zentrum verlangt geht das natürlich nicht, wenn der Planet doppelt so breit ist. Wie hast du das gemacht... verwendest do PR1.2 als Basis?
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

i cant remember what i have done, but in this version the surface is the distance point ^^, storry missions working corectly, cargo missions working corectly... no problemo. i am not sure... is it pr1.2? maybe ^^

bevore this version, i have made a oun vegastrike version form vegastrike 0.4.0. but the map was too large i was always lost in space. then i have tryed the 0.4.3 version. but i have no plan how the navigationscomputer working and the spec drive have only worked 1 times.... then i hav take privateer remake for my sinister operations ^^

@Orthuberra: yes, it is a little bit confused workspace. later when i have many time i animate the fixers from the bar, i will made cockpit glases and bridges animations. thanx for testing my version :D the redundant cockpits was different befor... i must delete the girls. (why the co-pilotesses are so easy clothing? becouse i am the captain ^^)
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

rlaan wrote:(why the co-pilotesses are so easy clothing? becouse i am the captain ^^)
Makes sense to me.

Hehe, Onyx = Arschloch...
For every ounce of courage, every drope of hope..
A gallon of blood paid in advance...
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

I like the concept of this. It's a little more radical than PU, and it allows the cutting of "dead weight" in terms of PGG features because this actively cuts away from it's Privateer roots. Privateer ships and story but with VS style. It's got a lot of potential.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

normaly i like very big maps in games. ("Frontier - Elite2" ^^ 200mrd Stars at 1 mb!!) ("Siedler 1" with 8mb ram a compleat planet ^^)

but in vegastrike the mas was so unoverviewable, and the navigations computer are not so good.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Yeah, too much of a good thing...

What I proposed to the VS guys, on more than one occasion, was that they'd leave the real map as big as it is, but leave well over 90% of it unexplored, uncharted, off the nav maps; with big or little clusters of stars controlled by each faction, and usually some swaths of no man's space between the clusters.
Sort of the same thing should apply to the Priv/WC universe. According to a conversation in the WC novel Action Stations, back in 2634, at the start of the kilrathi war, the Confederation spanned thousands of systems. That's right; NOT "hundreds", but "thousands". But most systems were off the official maps because of the Confed government being unable to keep up with the rapid expansion of the fronteers.
This is what a kilrathi in the know says to another, by the way, based on their vast and reliable intelligence sources. So what we've seen on the WC maps is a fraction of what the real map should be.
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

i try to make a fractal garfic as planet texture, so they are sharp at each distance. but that is not easy for my ablitys.

or like this privat strike version, micro plaet texturs, only with minimal color fluktuations, overmaped with hi-res clouds. or better a cloud-fractal, alwas sharp. i think that is better for performance.

i have a
athlon 2,5ghz
2 gig ram
gforce 7800 512mb

when i fly with ultra hight quali to a meteorit fild i have 10 fps
:?