Forum renaming

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Forum renaming

Post by ace123 »

You may have noticed that the Privateer forum has been renamed so as to be consistent with other VS mods.

I have decided, with some recent moderation conflicts, that this forum should be named so as to encourage discussion about all privateer mods.

I understand that PR 1.2 has been out for long enough that it is no longer the sole focus of discussion. There have been topics lately about a Parallel Universe modification, as well as a new release for Gemini Gold.

I understand that all of these mods are based to an extent on Privateer Remake, and also on Vega Strike, however it is probably in the best interest of forum participants to keep a general focus on the forum.

Another alternative would be to have a general Privateer forum, as well as a specific forum for all Privateer-based mods, however I do not believe strictly separating them is a good idea.

-Patrick
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I wrote:Hi Matt,

I want to apologize at this point. I knew that without John (isn't he hellcatv?), PR would probably not exist or look different. I also thought that the GG sticky was out of place, but I think different now.

It was me unstickying the thread, I thought I was being appointed by you or zaydana for unstickying. I later learnt that Shissui recommended me. Unstickying was a mistake. Feel free to take away my moderator status again if you want to do so.

I'll also send this pm to John. John, please accept my apologies.

Regards,

Thilo
I see the conflict solved at this point and want to apologize again. I suddenly was moderator, so I decided to do something for I thought the reason why I was appointed was unstickying. I now see that it is different and trust me, I've learned from that.

The renaming is just fine for me -- I'm also glad that PU catches some attention. We had discussions about having a separate forum, but the website won the race. I think I can speak for most PU members that we currently don't want a forum on our own - at least if you still allow us to stay here 8)
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Seems like there's really nothing wrong here unless I've missed something >.<

But yea, renaming the forum sounds like a good idea. Just naming it to something like WingCommander: Privateer or something blunt like that sould work. (maybe just plain Privateer?)
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

This was also my fault, I gave Dilloh moderator status without giving him my standard moderator speech, and put him on the spot not knowing quite what to do. For that I need to apologies to Dilloh and John. I think now that everything has settled down now, that Dilloh will be a great asset to the administration of the site.

So congratulations Dilloh on your new status.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Thank you! :lol:
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

*spawns golf clappers* Whoo welcome to the higher ups!

<.<

>.>

:oops: *looks up* :lol:
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Hmm, Dilloh as a moderator.. What has the universe come to? Hehe, i'm back, you all have permission to lament my return.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I won't lament... But now I can delete your annoying posts :twisted:

Just kidding. Welcome back!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Ooh Dilloh, i nearly forgot about your 'new' status.

I'm jealous mate! :wink:

It's standard for friends who get a higher rank than i. All in good Aussie jest. :D