Where do I download Privateer Remake Parallel Universe?

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
vtwampus
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Where do I download Privateer Remake Parallel Universe?

Post by vtwampus »

Can anyone please show me where to download Parallel Universe for Privateer Remake? I have searched the forums and I cannot for the life of me find where to download it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

Check the Parallel Universe thread. Unfortuantely, I don't know what page it's on. The latest version is 1.1b7.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Click on the link "canonHUDs downloads" below - the latest version is actually 1.1b6-DSE and contains all you need. But stick to the Parallel Universe thread for upcoming updates.
vtwampus
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by vtwampus »

Thanks so much!
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Dilloh wrote:Click on the link "canonHUDs downloads" below - the latest version is actually 1.1b6-DSE and contains all you need. But stick to the Parallel Universe thread for upcoming updates.
Do you ever plan to offer support for Mac?

Last time I checked, you had a download for Mac PPC, but said something of the form that it was not reliable enough to use.

(But your site is not loading at all right this moment.)
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Since I have no idea of what needs to be converted, and how, I can't offer any form of support for MacOS. If you mean the latest upload: javier wrote a script for Unix systems which is on the page, but I don't know if it can be used with a Macintosh. As long as the files for the game (like bfxms, pngs, pys) are platform independent, all that needs to be done is porting the commands from setup.bat to MacOS commands. If you or anybody else wants to take care of that, feel free to do so. I'd happily take it into the official downloads.

Btw... the site runs well, and I instantly get a ping. Maybe the problem refers to your attachment problems... using an overzealous firewall?
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Your site loads fine now & has any other time I tried in the past -- No idea what happened there.
Dilloh wrote:If you mean the latest upload: javier wrote a script for Unix systems which is on the page, but I don't know if it can be used with a Macintosh. As long as the files for the game (like bfxms, pngs, pys) are platform independent, all that needs to be done is porting the commands from setup.bat to MacOS commands. If you or anybody else wants to take care of that, feel free to do so. I'd happily take it into the official downloads.
That would be the disclaimer that I was remembering (foggily).

I do not think that I am a good choice for such a port -- it has been 7 weeks work & I still do not have a version of SVN-VS that compiles correctly. Some of it is the very problem you have -- that few people have a Mac to test with; other aspects are to do with Apple's archetecture change to Intel chips (so it really requires 2 Macs); and, finally, I have a 64-bit processor (err, make that 3 Macs).
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

No problem - but as I said, it would most likely be just a port of setup.bat.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I think all the patches should be in one big download as trying to keep track of so many is rather difficult, and thus i'm behind in the patches.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

They are currently all in one download - PU1.1b6-DSE is the most up-to-date version available. No patch currently needed for it.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

The ones with all the ships.