PrivatStrike

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

PrivatStrike

Post by rlaan »

hallo folks

my mod is now nearly compleaded! mixed from vegastrike, privateer,WCU...

The complet storry from Privateer (Priv and RF)

mass fights with more than 20 ships (new balanced naturly ^^)

more than 20 ships to flight and tune, the "garage" from Remake...

10 new weapons, (no superweapons, the enemy can use it also!)

overworked missiles, they now smaler and more like seeking-gunfire ^^

redesigned cockpits...

new planet textures

new in-base textures

steltek systems with a secret base

mostly the map of Privateer

a juppoint in red... to another galaxy...

new bases, new planets, planetoidbases, Fortess Moore, Lavigne Terminal,
Tr'Pnar, Nksch'harr

Overworked missions for Trade and Hunt. With bigger and stronger ships you can flight or fight mission up to 1.000.000 creds.

but better ships and upgrade cost often any million credits.

the problem, the changes are so spreaded, i cant extract this...
its my privat stand alone version ^^ 800mb kompressed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Some of those look really nice, although I don't like the thought of having VIPs in my ship and having the whole game directed ad absurdum by this. Maybe I'd reconsider downloading if it'd be a stand alone with much less than 800megs.

Consider uploading your graphic files for free mod use?
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

yes, maybe i delete the vips out for the relasing version... not that i copyrigt problems. in my privat version it dosnt matter, but for a upload... hm...

what is PU?
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

PU stands for "Parallel Universe"
It's the mod(s) that allow Privateer Remake (known as "PR") to become more than just the original game. It's where all the new planets, ships ideas etc get added to PR.

AND.......
It would be great if you could do a release version without the popstars and movie stars in the cockpits and planets...... I certainly would NOT like to look around my tarsus cockpit and see Avril Lavigne (or anyone else for that matter) sitting there. Very Scary....... :?
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

I personally Avril Lavigne is cute, but how about Aria Giovanni? Hehe, although they'd have to be descendants or clones.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Avril Lavigne is the last person i would ask to man a turret, much less a ship. Mabe if i wanted to die... How much does she know about space ships??? :lol:
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Avril Lavigne is the last person i would ask to man a turret, much less a ship. Mabe if i wanted to die... How much does she know about space ships??? :lol:
Or is that woMAN? :lol: :lol: :lol:
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

I never said i'd ask her to man a turret. Since she must be a clone or descendant, there's no reason she can't be taught how to navigate or repair systems. Or she could just serve as a stress reliever "get me a beer woman!". I'll leave other...duties to your imagination.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

:shock: :( :) :D :lol: :oops: Some peoples minds are... Well yes... Urr... Umm... Well, really if it was me, well it is this way. In the world of PR i can't afford to have any one on board that are useless (or just about) to man a ship, so to get on my ship or to be paid by me, you would have to a)fly another ship, b)man a turret, c) repair ships or, d)be useful in flying a ship. I am not a small merchant, in fact i'm not a Merchie at all. I fly a Demon or a Galaxy GS (untill the mods died, so i replaced the GS with a Broadsword) and make a living destroying my foes. I'm a Hunter by trade. Being in the business of Killing and Destroying is an expensive one as you have to account for, fual, repairs, missiles used, docking fees and wing men so on and so forth. As a Merchie you just have a Ship, fuel, cargo and Docking fees. You can buy cheaply here and sell expensive there, but as a hunter you don't have that. You have the thought that the next mission might kill you but you can't just pack up and leave, you have a job to do.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Why shouldn't a woman be able to man a turret properly, even if she looks good or at least popular?

The mods didn't die btw. The GGS, among other ships, is now much more stable. Most people just forgest to run setup.bat to enable them.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Well, the Captians of old had a thing about letting women on board the ships.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote::shock: :( :) :D :lol: :oops: Some peoples minds are... Well yes... Urr... Umm...
I said use your imagination it's not my fault the first idea that entered your mind was something other than grabbing a mop and cleaning the cargo bay.

I'm a hunter as well, i only do cargo runs if they're going into the same system as my prey. Wingmen? Bah, i work alone. If i can't kill every last one of the bastards myself, i made a mistake or got ambushed on the way to my objective.
Who said i'd be paying Avril to work on my ship? The duties you'd have her performing are more fun if you don't pay for them.

Dilloh i have nothing against a woman manning a turret, but something tells me Avril isn't exactly adept with any kind of firearm. Though i suppose there's no reason she couldn't learn, and she might not be much worse than the AI turret.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Honestly... it's rlaans mod, and the graphics show that he's a talented artworker. If one doesn't want it, one shouldn't download it. I also don't want half of Hollywood to make it into PR, this goes against even my sense for canonity and I promise, no I swear that the MTV music awards 2669 won't be in Gemini.

But some other graphics look really usable and I''d appreciate if you, rlaan, would create a zip of your self-done graphics excluding those with vip pictures. I might be able to use some in canonHUDs and if you agree, I would credit you of course.

MAS, I don't understand your point of view in this issue. In this thread you write:
micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:I DO NOT want to see anything to do with sex or gambling
Being against sexism is a sign for an tolerant, enlightened mind. But sexism is not only sex, it is also segregation. We live in a world where women can do any job. Space is not reserved for men. Think of Taryn Cross, Tayla or Murphy. Myself, I'm in a classic female job: I work as a male nurse. But that doesn't make me "a half man" - go ask my girlfriend about that :D
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:Honestly... it's rlaans mod, and the graphics show that he's a talented artworker. If one doesn't want it, one shouldn't download it. I also don't want half of Hollywood to make it into PR, this goes against even my sense for canonity and I promise, no I swear that the MTV music awards 2669 won't be in Gemini.

But some other graphics look really usable and I''d appreciate if you, rlaan, would create a zip of your self-done graphics excluding those with vip pictures. I might be able to use some in canonHUDs and if you agree, I would credit you of course.

MAS, I don't understand your point of view in this issue. In this thread you write:
micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:I DO NOT want to see anything to do with sex or gambling
Being against sexism is a sign for an tolerant, enlightened mind. But sexism is not only sex, it is also segregation. We live in a world where women can do any job. Space is not reserved for men. Think of Taryn Cross, Tayla or Murphy. Myself, I'm in a classic female job: I work as a male nurse. But that doesn't make me "a half man" - go ask my girlfriend about that :D
Nooo nooo, That not what i mean. Sex it self there is nothing wrong with, but when it starts to be used immorally, i don't want to be seen to be connected to it in one way or another.
Melonhead
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Melonhead »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:As a Merchie you just have a Ship, fuel, cargo and Docking fees.
You forgot all the beam weapons, turrets, missiles, shields, repair droids, ECM, and radars I need to protect myself from pirates, Kilrathi, and anybody else who wants a piece of my cargo. Not to mention the repairs I have to make even when I successfully repel boarders! :)
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

:lol: what i understand with my bad english? you will pop your repair droids? :lol: sorry that is not in my version :wink:

but i will upload a version without the popstars in cockpit (becouse thes are somtimes a little bit to light äh... ?clothed?. but the npc i let in. gillian anderson as federal agent its cool! ^^

in the moment i have test it the 30x times ... i have found a light grafik bug

!! sometimes! when i destroy a salthi, a eject pod or a cargopod, a grafic texture like weapon or shine effekts flying around. (not debris)

has everybody a idea what is it?
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

rlaan, two good reasons for dropping the popstars and movie stars etc.

1) It will decrease the file size(s) as there will be less graphics

and

2)more importantly if you don't have permission to use their images you could get sued. At least one of them would/could have legal restrictions on using their image(s) in this way so be very careful. You would probably get away doing this at home, privately and not telling anyone about it be a public posting could be trouble for you.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Starship_Gunner
Explorer
Explorer

RE: Inert ship crew

Post by Starship_Gunner »

It really is just eye-candy if you ask me. perhaps instead of pop-stars or copyrighted images the repair droids could make an appearance. if rlaan so desires(btw cool modding dude.) low res (but very cute) ship AI avatars. could animate them (but probably take up too much HDD space).