Parallel Universe Website

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

That would be the jobs of the host once the site's up and running and someone else with some image editing skills >.< lol I'm just working on the code and a bit of content for the site. I'm sorry >.<

But that does bring up some things that should be taken care of... If someone were to create a banner I could throw it on the site. Also due to the sites "scope change" and larger purpose. I think the site needs a new name too. Though we could call the Modding section "PUMP" :lol: , but I think it's a little unprofessional, but it doesn't matter to me. No one's going to complain if the site ends up being useful after all. :o
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Privateer Remake XXL
Privateer Remake Extended
Privateer Remake modding central
something like this, I think the term of the game we meant should appear in any case!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Also Privateer Remake is being but on gaming cd's sold by large computer mags. I got into PR throught mag Atomic. Thay had an article in the mag and a cd with PR and other games.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

cool, would be awesome to get a hold of what the mag had to say ;)
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I lent it to my brother, which means i have not seen it since.

The guy gave a glowing report and compered it to GG and recomended PR if you like challange.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

@Dilloh

Would you like me to merge your canonHUDs faq page into the site? (it'd be a link via PU-DSE's description.)

@everyone

Who manages the current Privateer Remake webpage?

Should I host the download files on the site I'm working on, make links to the page where it's hosted, or link directly to the files?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I made the FAQ to get rid of the basic questions, feel free to modify it in any usable way.

I'd say to link to the hosted page (not the files directly), so that everybody gets an overview of what is available. Since filefront has proven reliable, I'd like to keep it there, at least for the beginning. Makes life easier.

The PR1.2 website hasn't been touched for quite a long time, I think either John or MamiyaOtaru had their hands on it.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:The PR1.2 website hasn't been touched for quite a long time, I think either John or MamiyaOtaru had their hands on it.
If you look at the posts made on it you will see the last two are by Jason Winzenried (MamiyaOtaru) and all before that were by John Cordell before he defected to GG. (I don't mean to offend anyone)
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

It seems that as of now I have to drop the project till a later time. I'm sorry there haven't been many updates as of late as I'm working on my externship for my graduation from my class. This is a fairly rushed message right now as I'm in the middle of the externship, but I'd be glad to answer any questions if anyone wants to ask any. As of right now If someone wishes to pick up the project where I'm leaving off, please ask and I'll give.

I think it'd be nice to create a little mini job list for the site to simplify things for anyone interested in helping. I'll try to do it myself if no one else beats me to it. I'm not sure at all how much time I have that's free for this project. I'm sorry everyone.

@ Dilloh

I'm going to PM you a zip of all the files I have as of right now. Sorry but I never finished the documentation, I hope you can still get a good idea of what's going on from the templates I left in the files.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Thanks for the message, Draken. I still hope you will find some time later to hook up again.

So, if anybody is still willing to take care of the project, please ask here.