MOD: Privateer 1.2 Parallel Universe 1.0

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Zool wrote:@ z30.............Sounds great :D
Stock 2xguns & 2x missile launchers stay as is. This variant should have better radar though.
Any chance of a third mount specifically for a tractor beam. I hate having to give up missiles to mount one. :( How you going to do the radar? Give it an inbuilt one? If so then make it an Omni, I don't use anything else.
Turrets down to 4 from 5 - and two of them will be small. This is basically a merchant ship frame, there is no ship of this class and size with 5 turrets. But shields & armor will be strong for a vessel of this type.
Two medium and two light turrets sounds about right. (Five plasmas did seem a bit excessive). Are you going to have fixed armour instead of buyable?
Third dedicated tractor mount for Galaxy GS -check.

I want to give the GS a radar with a wider cone, the numerous turrets make it an excellent defensive ship for a convoy and it sort of makes sense that it's radar should be longer range & wider in coverage. Not sure yet whether this will be dedicated for the GS.

Haven't decided yet about fixed armor - there are issues with this eq that need to be looked into within the entire context of gameplay.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Oh, i see now.

Oh, why was the Kukhri taken out?
The configuration is coming back as a bomber variant of the Redeemer :)

1200kps top speed, 3 light/med guns, 1xheavy/special & 1 light/medium missile launcher - but no jump drive. The Redeemer line is a dedicated carrier type fighter but there will be a cheaper way for players to have it transferred to the system they're currently in.

This will be the testbed for non-J ships and will be tied in with improvements for capital ships that can carry fighters.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Dilloh wrote:
MAS wrote:Is it possible to put a limit on the movment of turrets
Sure... i.e. rear turrets work exactly like bottom turrets, just for they have another angle, no make this should have...
Then how will this Auto tracking thing help. I was flying my Centurion the other day when the turret started firing through my ship.

Tell me how the AT thing works.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

MAS wrote:I was flying my Centurion the other day when the turret started firing through my ship.
I have had this happen also, only a couple of times and it was with earlier versions of this mod. It seemed to be somehow related to that specific ship I was flying at the time and not the general type.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Hmm, not sure if this is already in the game or not (feel...encouraged to send Milla Jovovich after me if it is, please?). But it seems like inertia in the game is a bit lacking.
If you were in one of the faster fighters (Demon, Gothri, Stiletto) and quickly cut the engines and performed a loop it seems you should be drifting backwards for a while longer than you currently do. Logically this would only have any real use for said fighters, But it would allows pilots with skill and that killer instinct an extra second or two. Which can either be the difference between life and death or going home a little earlier because of the missile you fired in that small amount of time.

Apologies if this is hard to understand, i'm a bit drunk.
For every ounce of courage, every drope of hope..
A gallon of blood paid in advance...
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:Hmm, not sure if this is already in the game or not (feel...encouraged to send Milla Jovovich after me if it is, please?). But it seems like inertia in the game is a bit lacking.
If you were in one of the faster fighters (Demon, Gothri, Stiletto) and quickly cut the engines and performed a loop it seems you should be drifting backwards for a while longer than you currently do. Logically this would only have any real use for said fighters, But it would allows pilots with skill and that killer instinct an extra second or two. Which can either be the difference between life and death or going home a little earlier because of the missile you fired in that small amount of time.

Apologies if this is hard to understand, i'm a bit drunk.
The thrust, yaw & other manuevering factors in the ship units.csv file are too high. Adjusting these is a major rebalancing effort though so I'm putting it off for now. Melonhead/Zool do have an inertia rebalancing project for cargo - so the more cargo you take , the harder it is for manuever.

I intend to incorporate this change in the near future - when they declare it ready.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Onyx, you're talking about a form of the Shelton slide, right? You can see this when flying an enourmously fast ship like the Fireblade. Hit ABs, disengage them and turn around 90 degrees. You should fly "sidewards".
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

z30 wrote:......Melonhead/Zool do have an inertia rebalancing project for cargo - so the more cargo you take , the harder it is for manuever.

I intend to incorporate this change in the near future - when they declare it ready.
It's actually Melonheads project, and no one has heard from him for a while.

I have experimented with the numbers in "mass" column of the units.csv and got some interesting results. Assuming the figures represented metric tonnes, I arbitarily assigned new values closer to what I thought they should have been. Basically I made most of them smaller and, lo and behold, my Tarsus Mk1 had the performance halfway to being a Drayman. Very slow acceleration, and when I made a sharp turn the ship carried on in the direction I was previously travelling, until thrust overcame inertia. When I took a cargo of heavy metals on board (based on Melonheads new cargo masses), things got even worse.

Since then I have modified the adjusted cargo masses significantly, and returned the ship mass column in the units.csv back to original values.

Dilloh If you're using the units.csv from ZR2.0 I sent you , you will need to return the "mass" column in the units.csv, (for all ships only), back to the original values.. Also I do not recommend using the mass figures in the master_part_list.csv for cargo. (If you want, I'll send you the modified ones I'm testing now. They work much better).
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I'm not so sure about this changing of ship manuvering. The feel of the game will be lost.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Dilloh If you're using the units.csv from ZR2.0 I sent you , you will need to return the "mass" column in the units.csv, (for all ships only), back to the original values..
z30 is currently working on the new base mod, so please point this to him. Haven't touched units.csv for a while, actually.

Maybe z30 can hand the basemod units.csv over to you when he's done, so you can return the masses.

All I'm asking for is to have the very last finger tips on units.csv, weapons_list.xml, master_part_list.csv and faction_ships.py :wink:
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Dilloh wrote:
Dilloh If you're using the units.csv from ZR2.0 I sent you , you will need to return the "mass" column in the units.csv, (for all ships only), back to the original values..
z30 is currently working on the new base mod, so please point this to him. Haven't touched units.csv for a while, actually.

Maybe z30 can hand the basemod units.csv over to you when he's done, so you can return the masses.

All I'm asking for is to have the very last finger tips on units.csv, weapons_list.xml, master_part_list.csv and faction_ships.py :wink:
Great idea - fyi , Rapier is already in though the model isn't as good as I hoped. Will be requesting one of the PU mod team for an assist in retexturing it sometime later on.

Remaing ships that need to be tweaked are the GalaxyHK & DraymanCVL - OrionMk2 is basically done while I need to reconfigure some turret placements in the GalaxyGS.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

One must remember about Inertia Compensators.

Team Fortress 2