1.2 Released, download links

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

1.2 Released, download links

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

The Privateer Remake team is pleased to announce the release of the Privateer Remake 1.2. We have adopted the versioning scheme of the Linux kernel: odd releases are more for experimentation and are less stable, while even releases are better tested and considered more stable. 1.2 is therefore a recommended upgrade for anyone using 1.0, and of course for those who tried out 1.1.

Our homepage has moved, to http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net. Visit there for download links for Windows, Linux and OSX, and the FAQ, as well as the forum.

1.2 contains much updated art, replacing the worst of the old models. These models are
Refinery by Gammaray
Mining Base by Chris Hale
Kamekh by John Cordell
Drayman by MamiyaOtaru
Orion mesh by MamiyaOtaru skin by Strangelet

Since 1.0, the targetting system has been redone and better matches the original, and some of the glitches introduced by this in 1.1 have been ironed out: ships outside the targetting cone are no longer treated as "out of range". Radar range has been reduced to levels comparable to the original, making systems feel larger. All ships now have 2d wireframe HUD images, and damage is shown by quadrant. The ship dealer functions as he did in the original as well, and unlike in 1.1, trade-ins take into account the value of your upgrades instead of just your ship.

The auto-light now turns off when you are close to your destination. When a ship that is communicating with you is destroyed, its message now gets cut off. Asteroids are now destructible and minable, and do not count towards your killcount as they did in 1.1. The repair bot should work now. A few of the systems were redone, as were some weapon effects. Bases have all been given lights for better visibility on the unlit sides.

The cargo screen has been reworked, with all items appearing in a flat list. Cargo missions have the player deliver goods produced at the base where the mission is taken.

The Righteous Fire campaign has been fixed up and ready to be played, with some bugs from the Masterson arc fixed up since 1.1. 'Unknown' ships are there to hound your steps. The game now has 3 campaign arcs: the original, the Righteous Fire campaign and a bonus campaign, to be played at the leisure of the player.

Some other random tweaks: the number of enemies in New Detroit is reduced, the Gladius' outer guns are angled in, giving it a fighting chance, tractor beam is blue again, new Mass Driver sprite, cloaking device removed.

With some changes to the engine, the game functions in many respects more like the original, while retaining some of the advances a more advanced engine has allowed us to make. Along with the new art, this offers a far more polished Privateer experience than in 1.0.

Post by Guest »

There's only a link for Version 1.1 Full and 1.1 Patch

Post by Guest »

ok, sorry. My browser kept displaying the old page
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

If the sourceforge page is your new official location I would reccomend reducing the solsector page to a skeleton site (for file mirroring only). Currently, it can get very confusing with the two visually identical sites, especially when one is updated and they fall out of sync.
Jaramir

missing file in website

Post by Jaramir »

the link to the manual: http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/downloads/manual.pdf brings up a 404
where can i find a manual?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

The complete manual can be found as 2MB PDF in the installation folder. :wink:
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
auren
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Does the mac DL work?

Post by auren »

I tried to install it and it said

"no mountable file systems"

help?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

When asking for help, please tell us what operating system you're using, what video card, and EXACTLY where the error message apeared. thanks :)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Also, starting a new thread about it would have been a good idea.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ianz
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

No Mouse Cursor

Post by ianz »

I downloaded vegastrike privateer but when in the game, my mouse cursor cannot be seen. so i cant click on the weapon upgrade and cant realli navigate around the base. Any ideas guys? thanks a mil!!!
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Go into the setup file in the bin folder where you installed the game. Choose the hardware setting for rendering and that should work. :)
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.