Gladius

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Gladius

Post by pyramid »

Yummy!
Now, I would like to have that baby in my garage! 8)
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

You'll have to work for it, though... :D

It will probably be available, as reward for a mission you do for the militias.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Many minor fixes, including a tiny bit more pointiness at the tip of the nose, flatter gun mounts at the wingtips, fuel inlets
at the back (not visible in this shot), inner gunmount areas extended inwards, the mysterious things sticking forward more
from the gunmounts, bit more roundishness at fuselage folds, those "forward ailerons?" back-ends transversally aligned,
and added shield emitters.
Guns not included.

Shot from the back:

140,000 Gemini Credits and good rapport with the Militia required for purchase.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Nice ship. Very shiny

I love it, but then again i love all the ships you model.
Tuviks
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tuviks »

Nice design improvement. If I have a hangar then I would like to have one of it... :)
Is it available for Privateer Gemini Gold ? I cannot play Privateer Paralel Universe because my hardware is not sufficient.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

It's not available for any mod yet; it's just sitting in my hard drive. Reason being, the engine and shaders and graphics in general have been in a state of flux for the past year. My intent for all the PU models is to use a shader called CineMut, which is still on the drawing board; and until that shader's texture packing format is finalized I'd be wasting time producing textures; so that has to be done first; but right now the priority is to finalize the recent engine and shader upgrades.
So, what I've done for PU was work on models (quite a few of them finished and unwrapped), but leaving the texturing for after CineMut.

If you can't play PU due to hardware limitations, your hardware is simply too old. Even a 3 year old 6600gt would let you play PU with the nicest shader. You can find them in garbage dumps, or in use as door-stoppers; there's no reason you shouldn't be able to upgrade to a 6600 or 6800.
The current "nicest" shaders in vegastrike svn are more demanding than the ones in PU, and will get even a bit more demanding before the upcoming release; and then I will port them to PU; so hardware demands will go up. So, I would suggest an 8800gts minimum for a comfortable framerate. There must be a bank you can rob in the neighborhood? :D 8800's sell for pretty cheap nowadays.

You don't need to spend $1000 to upgrade the whole computer, is what I'm trying to say; you can solve your problem with less than $50.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

I hope you back it up (your hd). Stuff only on somebody's hd is the kind of work that goes missing with hardware failures.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Touche. They are in a hard drive I'm not using, though; --not that the power supply couldn't burn out and fry everything...
I'll try and review what I have uncommitted in terms of models and upload to the server soon.
Andy
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Andy »

Hi everyone.
Is there any update on this Gladius model? Would be nice to get it included within all Privateer clones... ;)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It's in PU's svn repo I believe chuck is not just using his hard drive for storage any more ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Andy
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Andy »

Thanks for the info, but I can't find it. I didn't even find a folder for pu.... :?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Andy
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Andy »

thanks, the gladius.bfxm in the PU-SVN folders is not the one displayed here... that is the reason I asked for it. ;)
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Um... then only Chuck has it. Maybe you should send him a PM.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe