Killing everything with a Goddard

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
goddardmaster
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Killing everything with a Goddard

Post by goddardmaster »

I created a new profile specifically to destroy anything. I outfitted a Goddard with auto tracking on all weapon mounts, torpedoes on the four missile mounts, and various weapons. I destroyed 66 starships today. Have you ever destroyed that many? I was wondering where to get the midwife starship and the other capital ships because I can only find 2 capships unfortunately.
Primordial
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Killing everything with a Goddard

Post by Primordial »

Cap-ships aren't worth it right now. They're totally unwieldy, take a veritable aeon to turn, and don't have the ability to launch fighters at the moment.

On another note: piss off the Uln and DGN - you will be killing 66 star ships every ten minutes.
goddardmaster
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by goddardmaster »

Primordial wrote:Cap-ships aren't worth it right now. They're totally unwieldy, take a veritable aeon to turn, and don't have the ability to launch fighters at the moment.

On another note: piss off the Uln and DGN - you will be killing 66 star ships every ten minutes.
I know, and today I destroyed 2 Clydesdale ships with a torpedo. One of them i couldn't do, however, so i used the heat seekers. However, the second one destroyed me as I destroyed it, the debris hit me. Good thing I was docked near a planet, I just attack then go back to planet and repair, rinse and repeat until there are no more. One time they sent 5 capships at me and 10 various other ships, wait no it wasn't that, it was a enormous squadron of ships. I could've taken them on but I had to go back and repair and then run away.
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Benison »

pick a franklin and you wont have much of a hard time killing stuff.
your superior speed allows for scattering your enemies, and taking them on in smallish groups, or even one by one, usually isnt much of a problem.
(and yes, reapers/razors do a good job in shredding capships too, alltho their no 1 shot kills ofc)

ive once spent about 2 1/2 hours fighting a forsaken fleet untill i got bored.
dunno HOW many of em i trashed tbh, but its been alot. ;)
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Post by Tattorack »

It was quite some time ago with an older Mac version of VS, but I went to the Rlaan frontlines and destroyed a (how were those mainstream enemies called?) fortess and two capships (one was a Rlaan mission).
I had somekind of highly manueverable heavy fighter and emplaced a heavy ion-beam (or disrupter?) beam cannon and a crap load of dumfire.
I avoided getting hit by turrets and beam cannons because for some reason they couldn't hit me when I did a sheldon slide, so I did like a constant rotating sheldon slide.
I also packed a heavy shield and a strong generator, so when something DID hit me the ship it do all too much.
When I docked I was pleased to see the news portal was talking about it XD
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm