That was a fun battle

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

That was a fun battle

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

Well there I was in my somewhat loaded out Llama when I go to drop some cargo in a Rlaan system near the Aera/and I guess the Confed territory. I can't remember the system name, it was like ygghhsyjfhhhhsttfhdhsh lol anyways I fly in there, my Llama is loaded over 1000% and the Aera were interested in kicking my ass, I ran to the Star fortress for cover (I was suppose to dock with a Mule) I took a good amount of damage to my shields, armor, hull, and systems. I get to the fortress and instantly realize my error, the Aera were attacking it with 2 big ships (starts with a "A") and a ton of fighters, the Rlaan were defending themselves with thier own fighers and the Confeds were their attacking too with fighters and a clydesdale and a bunch of merchant ships including some Oxs, Mules and Rlaan cargo ships.

I quickly dock dump my cargo, cancel the mission, repair, then I get out there to kick some ass. It seemed like the Aera had everyone outgunned and out numbered, the Starfortress lost its shields on one side, the clydesdale was looking bad, but their 2 capships looked banged up too, but they had a ton of Niclanders and Artisons and I think I saw the confeds and Rlaan firing on eachother too, so I think this was a 3 way battle. I stayed close to the base cause I would go out, fire out a ship for a while till I took some damage, dock, repair, then get back out there. There were soooooo many beams going everywhere. Eventually the cyldesdale fell with a BIG bang, the cargo ships seemed to block up after a blast or 2 from the Aera cap ships, and the 2 aera ships where pretty badly damaged and retreated and fighters were still dog fighting, but thanks to the star fortress and I assume Rlaan back ups, they took them out. It seemed like either all the merchant ships ran or blew up and the confeds retreated too, but their were only 3 or 4 ships left. Rlaan had like 20-25 ships surrounding the base in the end. I dunno what happened to the Aera capships though. I lost a bunch of money to it through repairs and missle restocks. The battle lasted over a hour, it probably would have been shorter, but my frame rate dropped to about 20-30. I don't think I single handly destroyed anything, I damaged some, finished off one, but I was getting damage pretty quickly. I guess Luddites in Reademers and pirates in Hyenas have nothing on the Aera military and my modded out Llama isn't as top dog as I thought it was

Worse part, I got a couple cargo missions for the system next door, as soon as I jumped into the next system I got jumped by a bunch of aera fighters and they took me out in less than 10 seconds, I tried fighting, realized real quick I was dead meat, hit manual spec, and I was wiped out a second later
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: That was a fun battle

Post by klauss »

lol, yes, jumping in those dangerous situations is a tricky business. I go into nav mode and make the jump in a rush at a few k meters per second.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
segfault
Merchant
Merchant

Post by segfault »

Cool story.
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Psyco Diver 69 wrote:I get to the fortress and instantly realize my error, the Aera were attacking it with 2 big ships (starts with a "A") and a ton of fighters, the Rlaan were defending themselves with thier own fighers and the Confeds were their attacking too with fighters and a clydesdale and a bunch of merchant ships including some Oxs, Mules and Rlaan cargo ships.

. . .

It seemed like the Aera had everyone outgunned and out numbered, the Starfortress lost its shields on one side, the clydesdale was looking bad, but their 2 capships looked banged up too, but they had a ton of Niclanders and Artisons and I think I saw the confeds and Rlaan firing on eachother too, so I think this was a 3 way battle.

. . .

There were soooooo many beams going everywhere.
This kind of crazy shit is what makes VS so damn awesome. It isn't buried in a mission tree or story arc, it just happens like nature intended.
marX
Trader
Trader

Post by marX »

Deus Siddis wrote:This kind of crazy shit is what makes VS so damn awesome. It isn't buried in a mission tree or story arc, it just happens like nature intended.
Exactly !!
The 'GNN' news thingy is also great !

The relationship between the factions are wonderfully done !
I was at war with uln and aera and pirates. But I think aera attacked the pirates which angered the uln and they went to war. Then I sided with aera to get their superior weapons and attacked the uln and pirates :) !
Now the shaper didn't like this and they are attacking me now :shock:
May be they and uln are allies :?

Anyway now I'm on my way to kick some uln ass !!!
Sayanora !!
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by eracc »

In the default factions setup pretty much everyone likes the ULN a little. If you keep hitting ULN eventually almost all other factions will hate you. At that point you might have to start a new game. :)
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Gungnir »

eracc wrote:If you keep hitting ULN eventually almost all other factions will hate you. At that point you might have to start a new game. :)
Or you can kill a whole lot of Luddites; everyone hates them :P
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by eracc »

Actually, with the newest version I have it seems the Purist Citizens appear to like Luddites. I have not looked at the faction relations code to verify this, but I think that is correct. So, one has to hit Luddites, then Pirates, then Luddites, etcetera.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Correct, and coherent with canon, as there's a mild overlap between Purist Citizens and Luddites' views, but the Purist Citizens' liking for Luddites is very marginal as probably they don't approve their extremist course of action. And since the player is initially welcome to Purist Citizens, just a Pirate kill here and there will fix the little loss due to Luddite kills.
marX
Trader
Trader

Post by marX »

Gungnir wrote:
eracc wrote:If you keep hitting ULN eventually almost all other factions will hate you. At that point you might have to start a new game. :)
Or you can kill a whole lot of Luddites; everyone hates them :P
Couldn't find any Luddites in the systems I scoped....where are they ???