Humiliated... by a Dgn!!!

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
jwesle
Explorer
Explorer

Humiliated... by a Dgn!!!

Post by jwesle »

Yesterday I took a mission from a merchant in the bar of some random planet to deliver some cargo to a Rlaan Relay Station in some strangely named system, for 54 something thousand Credits :shock: ... should have known the cargo was contraband though :!: ... I got shot at all the way there, by random parties (though none of them managed to even dent my Lancelot :lol: Unfortunatly, just as I neared the relay, my ship would suddenly swing off toward the side of the relay :? This continued a few more times, and then I found myself out of fuel :( Finally, I realized what was the cause of my problem... some dgn flying an otherwise unarmed Dodo was using his tractor beam to throw my ship around like a rag doll :x After just narrowly missing a docking port, due to a lack of energy, my ship and I were at full force against the relay. :oops: ...The wort part is, I know that I could have reduced that fool space dust in 2 seconds... had I not been so concerned about preserving my rep. :evil:
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Humiliated... by a Dgn!!!

Post by parkel »

sometimes, when doing these missions, use a plowshare. they are hard to tractor in. even by the flimsy dgns if u wanna shoot them back. :)
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
jwesle
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jwesle »

parkel wrote:...use a plowshare. they are hard to tractor in...
I'll remember that, though my Ploughshare is currently on the other side of the galaxy :(
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Post by parkel »

ur plowshare's on the other side of the galaxy? mine too~ :D
my 2.. no.. 4 cents. :P

1) either buy ur plowshare over
or
2) if left with no choice, switch to travel mode and dock (if possible)
or
3) if u hav a cloak (of which i hav just learnt that the lancelot cannot equip one), activate it.
or even
4) ditch all cargo missions and begin bounty missions instead - missions against pirates & luddites would be good.

and also

as for preserving ur rep...
its important.
i dont think u would want to get shot from crucible/cephid17 all the way to sol/alphacentauri...
right? :mrgreen:

snaprag
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by snaprag »

Sorry for the off topic question, but how do you get to Sol? I keep getting stuck going in circles. The ingame map drives me nuts. Cant figure out. but then, I cant figure much of anything out lately..... need to stop drinking so much, :D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@snaprag i have posted the route to Sol/Sol several times :wink: i got it by using an external 3D map utility that you find in this thread it has a route finding function.
but to save you some trouble here the route again

Code: Select all

Crucible/Cephid 17--Stirling--Agea--War--Magellan/Steaklely--Theta-Ant--Tesc_1613--Sol/Hhrass-Ktrrk_pah--Prithivi_mata--Rudras--Cairo--Ogawa-Telemmon--Sol
have fun.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
snaprag
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by snaprag »

Thank you and I apologize for hijacking the thread. Like I mentioned in another thread, I have been playing the game for less than a week. Thanks again
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Post by parkel »

<this is ENTIRELY offtopic>
umm.. VSMap3D lags for me >< (anyone else too?)
so i actually prefer to use 2d ones (less confusing) like for example VSTrade or Vegamap
VSTrade has vegamap in it, as well as trading cargo - profits. :mrgreen:
</offtopic>

as for the previous post i made here...
balance out the killing rate for luddites and pirates.

so u wont get purists hating u all of a sudden when u kill too many luddites
OR
getting forsakens and ulns hating u and chasing u all over the place for killing too many pirates.

but the ulns just wont give up chasing me all over the place.

Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

parkel wrote: if u hav a cloak (of which i hav just learnt that the lancelot cannot equip one
Yes, I was very bummed out to discover that the Lance can no longer pack a cloak. It's a good thing I have a saved file from an earlier version, because I love being able to avoid any fights for which I'm not getting paid.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.