Fear the swarm!

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Fear the swarm!

Post by Miramor »

I just had to throw away a perfectly good save file.

Why? Because I was being followed around by a swarm of hostile Kafkas. At least thirty of the damn things. They would all cluster together and slow the game down, and they'd always decide to go to SPEC en masse and appear in my general area whenever I got in a big fight.

Believe me, pirate Hyenas become very lethal when the space around you is jam-packed with ships. Never mind corvettes... Ugh.
spiffariffic
Trader
Trader

Post by spiffariffic »

Yeah, I had something like that. I had saved in a system that was free of them and when I jumped into the next system, there they were surrounding me like some insane swarm. Framerate was shot to hell and it seemed like everything was shooting at me. I did my best to run, and after two tries of this (dying, respawning and trying again through the same system) I escaped through to the next system on my route... just to find another swarm! Died again. So I backed up a few systems (fortunately the swarm was only in one direction) and ran a few quiet patrol missions, then tried to go through again. Fortunately they had moved on to places unknown...

Quite frustrating. :x
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

I have that problem with urns dodos and koalas.

Fortunatly they still apears in numbers i can still blow up. :twisted:
My System: Arch Linux x86_64 Bits CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 995 RAM: Kingston DDR2 800Mhz 8 GB GPU: Dual ATI Radeon HD 4830 512 MB Opensource ATI-Git Drivers. HD: SATA 500 Gb WindowManager: KDE4 Joystick: Thustmaster T.Flight Stick X USB
Boaal
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Boaal »

I havn't tried the new stable Mac build just yet (downloading as we speak), but when i was play 4.3.0 I remember being swarmed by sod loads of Dodo's. They'd tractor me and try and ram into me.... it was eally quite funny.

And then there was that one swarm of 10 highborn with lancelots. Oh my god. it was like I'd get out of the station go to a jump ppoint and bang - ten lancelots all whizzing around going "i hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" and blowing the utter crap out of me. Seems they had finally had enough of me blowing their singulr ships to bits.
The Twitching Pattern - http://www.last.fm/music/The+Twitching+Pattern
Have a listen.