new armada player

Strategic Mod for Vega Strike with tactical and combat view. Currently set in WC universe, but moddable.

Moderator: Omega

dividenot
Trader
Trader

new armada player

Post by dividenot »

Just downloaded the game. and i had some problems opening it. Here's the log file.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Armada_Init.py", line 26, in ?
File "xml\dom\minidom.pyc", line 1915, in parse
File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.pyc", line 922, in parse
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'settings.xml'
File "Armada_Init.py", line 91, in ?
pygame.error: No video mode large enough for 1280x1024

... After opening it I find that the main menu is sideways. Can't really figure out why.
dividenot
Trader
Trader

Post by dividenot »

New update. Going to strategic game reveals that everything is sideways. The mouse even functions on a 90 degree angle the left. That means when I move the mouse up it moves left and when i move the mouse right it moves up.
dividenot
Trader
Trader

Post by dividenot »

Fixed the problem. Appearently, in the settings.xml, I set the width as the hight and the hight as the width.

I feel retarted :roll: . Continuing to play PiArmada. :arrow:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

BTW that file settings.xml is just for the headings of the setup app it defines the GUI not the values in vegastrike.config which the file that the setup app edits it is also XML so a XML aware editor is recommended i use Notepad ++ and Peter's XML editor on my XP side.The engine is kinda finicky about the syntax.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: new armada player

Post by legine »

I will look into it tonight. I am hopefully back with news... ;)
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

hmm ohh should have read more closely. well I wont fix that annoying 2 file config, rather i try to get my plan done and take the engine inside vs.

And Have fun trying!!
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

It should be possible to do this as a python extension to Vegastrike. There has been a lot of work on the GUI front for allowing things like loading a "base" GUI whenever you want (without requiring that a player is docked, for example). Also some of the privateer developers wrote a whole GUI library which you can see a simple example of using in the "main_menu.py" in the bases folder.

As to settings, the VS module in the vegastrike engine has functions for reading individual vegastrike.config variables if you integrated PiArmada into vega strike.

Of course the Vega Strike GUI is drastically different from PiArmada because it uses sprites and doesn't have a display loop that runs every frame.
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

(without requiring that a player is docked, for example)
cool!!!!
Also some of the privateer developers wrote a whole GUI library which you can see a simple example of using in the "main_menu.py" in the bases folder.
thanks for the tipp. On the todo list.
Is this in the standard 0.5 download? or do i need to use cvs or privateer download?
As to settings, the VS module in the vegastrike engine has functions for reading individual vegastrike.config variables if you integrated PiArmada into vega strike.
the version now only configs the screen ressolutin. so no need to diff the configs.

What i need is to mod savegamedata. But i remeber that you could add customized data there too.

thanks a lot ace123 :-D
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Yes, this is in 0.5 I believe that nothing in SVN has changed on that front since the release.
LennStar
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by LennStar »

Hallo!

Just downloaded it. .09 it says...
I only hope somebody is working on it?

At the start I had the problem with the screen size on my laptop. Fixed it but I get a crash every time the game goes in-fligt. But thats my laptop I think, the grafic card lacks something like openGL or of that sort. Most 3D games don't work. (5 years old...)

Moved to the playing computer and there it worked right up to the end of the in-flight battle. (1 fighter each) I won but the Game decided that my ship was destroyed by the kilrathi. The end was a crash. I could only see the result.

thats the crashfile:
File "Armada_Init.py", line 60, in ?
File "telnetlib.pyc", line 208, in __init__
File "telnetlib.pyc", line 237, in open
socket.error: (10061, 'Connection refused')

btw: If I call this file an error.txt in the future thats just because I'm used to it from another game where I'm bughunting ;)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome LennStar No OpenGL no 3D sorry what's the GPU if it's an Intel there should be some new drivers available.The crash with the going to In-flight has been a persistent bug that legine is is trying to track down.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

Oo. Hmm Ill take a look at it. But that looks like a sound server problem.

Do you have a firewall or something?
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

Oki I added the Report to the Bugtracker. :)
Hopefully the Source Forgeside is looking a bit more active now.
Feel free to enter More bugs or adding error.txt files.

Now I check out the Bugs... :mrgreen:
LennStar
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by LennStar »

There is a nVidia hardware firewall. I can try swiching it off, but since the battle worked 2 or 3 times (with me winning both gameplay and comp) I don't think its only that.

edit: no, swithing it off doesn't effect anything

I tried to upload 2 screens to the tracker, but I cannot add something to old bugtickets? (Didn't use the sourceforge bugtracker before).
One screen is with the crash, one with the task manager with 2 soundserver.exe, one from the game.

edit: bringing in reinforcements and winning in both flight and tactical doesn't changed the crash.

btw: Bist ja auch ein Deutscher ^^
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

@btw: hehe. Klaro :)

I think the Message is unrelated to that. I tried to get that error too but I am stuck at the start of the Battle already. :(
I am trying to add currently Debugging code which is missing completely :(

Well for the sourceforge bugtracker, I have no clue. I'll take a look if I done something wrong. So no attachments can be added.
If that doesn't work try to upload to one of those picture share thingies and put the link to the Bugtracker

Cheers
Peter
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If you are trying to use the soundserver we had included in earlier versions of VS, I believe we no longer use the soundserver. This is because we added OGG loading support so it goes directly into the openAL system in-game.
But it should still be possible to download an earlier version of soundserver, or compile it manually in order to get that to work.

Unfortunately I am not sure what you should use to play music outside of VS. if you merge PiArmada to be in-game you can use all of the VS playmusic functions.
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

Unfortunately I am not sure what you should use to play music outside of VS. if you merge PiArmada to be in-game you can use all of the VS playmusic functions.
Because we talk about the old Pi armada Version which is based on 4.3. And Postings regard the 0.9 Version go over the soundserver.

The integrated Version will be called 1.x So I have a clear break to the old code.