ISO and Purist Voice Acting

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: ISO and Purist Voice Acting

Post by Turbo »

CLoneWolf wrote:OK, further update on the issue:
here are the 3 "docking denied" and the "you maniac" I had left out in case of reworking; as for the missing "Die" one, I see it's a text1 which brings up an issue I noticed long ago and might have left unmentioned:
for the Andolians I recorded also the "text1" sentences, the xml got modified accordingly; but in game, when their text1 appeared, the corresponding voice wasn't played.
No biggie if the text1 lines were a sort of design forethought that then got abandoned, but if it's just a bug that will be fixed or something for which support is planned, we'll have to contact ShadowOblivion for a little extra work; for good measure, I'd advice all the next faction voice actors to record the text1 lines as well for good measure...
Thanks. I will test it and, if there are no problems, put it in SVN tonight.

The second text isn't playing? I will run some tests and see what I can figure out.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

MY BAD! IT WORKS!
problem with andolian xml files is their non standard naming; the andolian military is guided by the andoliantoprivateer.xml while I had only set the text1 sounds in the xml for the citizen.
The updated xml is here, sorry again!
I also sent a mail to ShadowOblivion to see if he's still around for that missing line.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

My evening of testing had mixed results. Both the text0 and text1 are playing fine for me on all the factions I could find who have voices. But after looking around for 1 1/2 hours, I never found any ISO to test their new voices. So unless someone can explain the nav computer, I'll have to hack some ISO ships into a system tomorrow night, so I have something to test.

Also, in a normal game (one not hacked for all factions to like me), I didn't hear the news much at all. There was always one ship or another nearby that hated me, and therefore I was rarely in a peaceful condition. So I think if we weight the music double as already discussed, we'll get very little repetition on the news and commercials.

I'll look at the new Andolian XML tomorrow, I need to get to sleep now.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

This evening I took a bounty mission on an ISO ship and the ISO voices, at least the ones we have, appear to work. But I noticed we are also missing the "it appears we have something in common..." line. It is easy to forget because it is not listed in <faction>.XML

It helps to read the directions in the wiki, even if you're the one who wrote them. :oops: I have updated the wiki to explain the file locations, so we do not forget.
Turbo

CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Shame on me too, I overlooked that just as well :|
*EDIT*: I just mailed him about that too, and he'll provide us the missing lines, yay! :D