some questions

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
Dunkelheit
Merchant
Merchant

some questions

Post by Dunkelheit »

how can I hear the tracks that are actually in VS? the thing is that I can't hear anything in the game (I'm asking why), in the folder there are the souds, but not the music, so I'd like to help with the cause and add some feedback, and maybe compose something from my own, or only colaborate with others, but I need the music.

And how can I participate with music, I don't know if I can do a full composition, but what I'm sure i can do is to add my guitar solo to some track, I really love when sudenly in a classical piece is an electric guitar doing something in the background, that guitar could be the mine :wink: , how can I join to music faction? :D
You know you have been raytracing too long when ...
... You take a photo course just to learn how to get the lighting right.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

As i mentioned in the user help the version you are using 0.4.3 is old enough that it uses oss for sound current distros use alsa as the default sound system so getting music and sound effects to work together is tricky first off do you have a music folder because if you do not no amount of tweaking will get you one :wink: your best option is to move to the latest svn which means compiling it yourself ATM it's not that hard to do and we will help you through all the steps.The new version is much better both in it's graphics and improved game play there's now an auto-pilot.If you decide not to go that route you will need to wait till the actual release and it becomes available in the repositories of the various flavours of Linux.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dunkelheit
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dunkelheit »

yeah! but I'm asking here for some way to download the music, because I don't have it, so I can't hear it, just hear to it out of the game, maybe the tracks are some place aroud there.
You know you have been raytracing too long when ...
... You take a photo course just to learn how to get the lighting right.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If you have already downloaded the game, you can look inside the "music" folder. All the music files are right there.

If not, or if you want to hear some of the more recent songs, you can grab individual files from here:
ttp://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vegastrike/trunk/data4.x/music/

Also, if you want to go through the various playlists in the game, the .m3u (playlist) files are stored directly inside of the .vegastrike folder.