Rebalance Countdown

Development directions, tasks, and features being actively implemented or pursued by the development team.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Rebalance Countdown

Post by dandandaman »

EDIT: this sticky has also run it's course.

Watch this space for task list and progress summary. Anyone intending to lend a hand (this is what this thread is about!) just post a reply about what you'd like to have a go at, and keep in contact!

_____
Status

The bulk of what we set out to do is done, and should be properly in cvs soon. What's left is to add the new upgrade types and to do some pretty serious playtesting (while I've playtested till my brain failed, the lack of proper weapons on the ships may have distorted my interpretation ... furthermore, only me and petey have actually playtested to any big extent). Note: We are only talking about pilotable ships, see the FAQ for details.

_______
Task List

+ Playtest for maneuverability (it may be best to wait till weapons are done), as it's been done to death without them :-)
+ Confirm cargo space allocations (I'm fairly certain I got all the ships, but it'd be good if someone checked for consistency).
+ Confirm upgrade space allocations (best to wait till after weapons etc are in)
+ Replace old upgrade types with new upgrade types, adjusting the ships ratings as we go (this is the big one that petey and I have been doing recently).
+ Add self dock or whatever it's called to the larger ships. (whoever does this will have to either look at priv's dataset, or talk to spirit).

_____
F.A.Q.

Q: !
A: Yes, i did say it'd be done ages ago.

Q: !?
A: Yes, I have missed my own deadlines on it twice.

Q: ??
A: It'll get here when it gets here. Current completion plan is March. With help, there should be no problem making it.

Q: So what have you been doing all this time?
A: Working, studying, stressing, dying, sleeping and eating ... hasn't left much room for VS this past 4 months. Most of you understand, those of you who don't, you will eventually.

Q: So what can I do to help?
A: Look at the Task List, announce you're looking at it, and get working :-)

Q: Hey, what about capships?
A: I was never intending to balance capships this round ... if someone is serious about it, then sure, go ahead, but it'll be done for the release after at any rate.
Last edited by dandandaman on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Re: Rebalance Countdown

Post by www2 »

@dandandaman
The F.A.Q. is LOL

If the Rebalance relese (alfa, beta and/or stebel) i make a mysql version for older Developer e.g. the multyplay verson
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Now wikified at Development:Rebalance. :wink:
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Just a heads up on the progress that's been made (committed a big chunk of cargo/upgrade space stuff on the weekend, thanks to the MoI himself). Upgrades are still on their way, only now getting some free time however, so progress to date on that had been slow.

Also, for those maybe interested in helping out in the future, this page contains some useful things to keep in mind:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... :Balancing

In that vein, any budding AI programmers out there want to take a stab at getting some faction specific behaviour happening?

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
wirser
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by wirser »

I want to start on fc5 RPM-spec are there any big file/directory changes still to come?
if current_situation=fact and if current_situation=faith
then current_forcast = excitement
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

A few changes/additions to units and existing files, but nothing the spec file shouldn't be able to handle automatically :-)

Dan
-- Pablo Picasso
wirser
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by wirser »

Looks like somebody beat me to it :roll
loki1950 wrote:wirser check http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7350 ruktai has made start on a fc5 spec file.

Enjoy the Choice :)
that's ok:
what needs to happen for linux testing
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

wirser wrote:what needs to happen for linux testing
That a question? ;-) Umm.... more specifics needed... you mean for a release, or the spec, or just svn in general?

Dan
-- Pablo Picasso
wirser
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by wirser »

more specifics well things are changing too fast to focus in on anything specific .
I got a new 80 gb hd I'm planing to put four distros on. I 'm bored and this give me something to do .
has anyone used the linvida driver yet successfully?