Ogre interface framework

Development directions, tasks, and features being actively implemented or pursued by the development team.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

I'm sure klauss is staying up to date with OGRE developments. Since the OGRE-VS framework is still a WIP I'm sure it only makes sense to ship against the latest stable version of OGRE.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Not only that - I've been developing with that version in mind even before it got released :p

Ya... certainly we'll use the latest version.

Sorry for the slowness guys... i've been a bit overwhelmed lately. With luck, I'll have time to spend on this project in the next few weeks :D
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Not a problem Klauss. There is tons of work in other areas that needs to be done. You know that I have started three of them and hey yet to finish one. :lol: And I am about to start another one.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
SysmiX
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by SysmiX »

Hi there, can i try the ogre stuff on linux? I checked out the ogre_branch of the vegastrike but I'm kind of lost. I installed the ogre SDK but could not figure out how to compile the SystemExplorer. Is it possible already?

PS: Sorry about my english.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

It is possible, but tricky.
I think Hellcat did build it on linux, but right now most development on the explorer (and related Ogre code) is done on Windows, so the linux build system may be broken again.

For one, you'd probably need to have automake make a makefile. I'm not exactly sure how that works, but it should be pretty simple by copying-then-editing some other makefile-related stuff from other folders.

Hm... I might commit such files soon, to make it easier for linux people to build it.

But even after that, there are some other issues bound to appear. So... it's not a walk in the park right now.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I hope the difficulties don't make you run away ;) - anyway, the SystemExplorer only does what its name says: load up a system and show you random ships in there, not flying, just laying there, as a test of the graphical framework. Just in case you expected more out of it. If you're curious about the visual quality of the ogre port, the explorer is what you want to check out for sure... though the commited version has a few niceties still missing, and a few performance issues as well.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Perhaps MyGUI would be another reason to pursue OGRE integration:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38142
e.g.
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=v628T2RFp ... re=related
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
ilm
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by ilm »

what about crazy eddy's gui ? independent of the engine.
http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Main_Page