Cleanup the mess called gnuhash.h

Development directions, tasks, and features being actively implemented or pursued by the development team.
log0

Cleanup the mess called gnuhash.h

Post by log0 »

I'd like to use mingw/gcc under windows. This means even more ugly define hacks in gnuhash.h. Imho it is already almost unreadable.

I'd like to propose to go for boost versions of unordered_map and hash. This would reduce gnuhash.h to a few lines.

The downside is, that unordered_map is available from boost > 1.35. This would mean dropping support for older boost versions. This shouldn't be a big deal as vegastrike is already including boost 1.45 (besides the older 1.28, 1.35 versions).

Any opinions?
log0

Re: Cleanup the mess called gnuhash.h

Post by log0 »

A less aggressive option would be to constrain windows builds to boost > 1.35.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I remember Macs had trouble with newer boost versions. We should wait to hear what "A Future Pilot" has to say about this.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Windows builds should only use 1.35 or higher. Linux uses system boost for the most part (I think) and hopefully we can start using 1.35 or higher for mac.

If I'm not mistaken windows builds probably use 1.45 though I don't recall offhand if that is correct.. if it isn't i think I will have to change that.

Speaking of boost though with the upcoming r10 of the C++ standard, how much of boost can we do away with or will we need to continue to use it for older versions of linux?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Yeah, linux is safe. All supported distros have far newer boost versions than we'd need for unordered_set. The problem lays with Macs.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
log0

Post by log0 »

pheonixstorm wrote:Speaking of boost though with the upcoming r10 of the C++ standard, how much of boost can we do away with or will we need to continue to use it for older versions of linux?
The major boost user is the python bindings code from what I've seen. unordered_map, hash are available as tr1 (clang, gcc4.3, vs2010).

Is OSX still using gcc4.2? I thought they would switch to llvm/clang like BSD.