Trailer: No cockpit, how?

Development directions, tasks, and features being actively implemented or pursued by the development team.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Trailer: No cockpit, how?

Post by pheonixstorm »

Looking into creating a trailer for the next release but want to know how to completely empty the screen so I can still fly but w/o any of the cockpit graphics, vdu, radar, etc showing up. Is it possible and if so by what key?

*EDIT*

Also, do we have another camera angle to use. Kinda like a thrid person view or a tracking cam for missiles?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Re: Trailer: No cockpit, how?

Post by charlieg »

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/Manual:Views

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but some of it should be close, no?
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Not what I was looking for but does provide some info that I didn't know and may be a way to work around the current limits.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

pheonixstorm wrote:Looking into creating a trailer for the next release but want to know how to completely empty the screen so I can still fly but w/o any of the cockpit graphics, vdu, radar, etc showing up. Is it possible and if so by what key?
Replace all the graphics files with full alpha or geometry-less models.

1) Replace HUD graphics with "empty" PNG files and use first person perspective.

2) Replace ship model with one that contains no polygons and use third person perspective.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Easier: just remove or comment all the entries in the cockpit files (data/cockpits).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe