Changing ships

Forum For Privateer Remake
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Changing ships

Post by Miramor »

Hey, is it possible to change ships while I have the alien artifact without losing the artifact? My Tarsus is really not cutting it against Stilletto patrol groups.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Yes, you should be able to change ships, but do it after finishing a mission so that you don't have to redo that mission.

Sometimes, your artifact might be left in your old ship. Even if it is, the plotline will keep running.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Okay, that's good to hear...

Unfortunately it's a bit late, since I'm now in a mission against half a dozen Demons in some huge asteroid fields that slow down my framerate and make it hard to nail them in the face with a dumbfire.

(I guess it's time to try a bit of FOF spamming.)
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Actually, if you've just taken a mission, say you just spoke to tayla and she gave you a mission. Now you go buy a new ship, go to the computer and your mission is gone. Next, go to speak to Tayla again, and she says "you moron haven't left yet?". Now check the computer again and the mission has come back.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Oy, thanks. Don't feel like flying back to the mafia guy yet, though, so I figure I'll try lots of FoFs for the first squadron and just outrun the second.