MAC OSX

Forum For Privateer Remake
TAOFalcon
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

MAC OSX

Post by TAOFalcon »

Im having trouble with the game, 1) the video keeps replaying over and over until i manually have it stop Second the game goes into fullscreen mode, but not exactly... It appears in a box no bigger that the hight of a coke can by the width of a coke can (sorry for the cheesy but thats all i could think of, loved this game back when I could play it, now i can't wait to try it again.

Help please!!!
Thanks
No name
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Hello,
1) the video keeps replaying over and over until i manually have it stop
Just click it away.
Second the game goes into fullscreen mode, but not exactly... It appears in a box no bigger that the hight of a coke can by the width of a coke can (sorry for the cheesy but thats all i could think of, loved this game back when I could play it, now i can't wait to try it again.
I don't know anything about the Mac version, but to me it sounds that you're using a weird resolution.
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by John Cordell »

Try the newer version of the game: http://priv.solsector.net/files.htm
It should run without problems on OSX, however if you experience problems with it as well we are able to fix them since this version is still under active development.
TAOFalcon
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by TAOFalcon »

Dilloh wrote:Hello,
1) the video keeps replaying over and over until i manually have it stop
Just click it away.
Second the game goes into fullscreen mode, but not exactly... It appears in a box no bigger that the hight of a coke can by the width of a coke can (sorry for the cheesy but thats all i could think of, loved this game back when I could play it, now i can't wait to try it again.
I don't know anything about the Mac version, but to me it sounds that you're using a weird resolution.
Thanks, for your response.

Normally,Although it is possible that it didnt due to the games age, the computer will self correct the resolution to fit the game.. so i dunno.

second is there a list of hotkeys somewhere i've forgotten how to play... lol
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Normally,Although it is possible that it didnt due to the games age, the computer will self correct the resolution to fit the game.. so i dunno.
I have little MacOS experience, but it is possible that your box is not being set to a res fitting PR, so you might want to try to change your system resolution to something like 1600x1200 and see if this helps the game going to fullscreen. Just a guess, though. You might want to try to ask ace123, loki1950 or dandaman and ask them, they're experienced pros.
second is there a list of hotkeys somewhere i've forgotten how to play... lol
Look up the manual, it should be as pdf in your /Privateer folder or here:
http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/downloads/manual.pdf
Try the newer version of the game: http://priv.solsector.net/files.htm
Note that this is a different version, which uses better graphics and tries to be as close to the original as possible, sacrificing some features like additional ships and campaigns which are only available in PR and the mod PU.