paradigm cocpit

Forum For Privateer Remake
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

there's no need for buyable Paradigms, unless Dilloh's got another cool campaign up his sleeve somewhere.
I don't have a campaign for that, it's already locked within the main plot.

I see no reason to talk about capships docking and landing once again. I say they'll stay in, and we'll talk about how they can be in later - at least for PU. Okay?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:
z30 wrote:It should be possible , once attempting to dock planetside, to check if your ship actually has the capability to land.
Wouldn't a simple true or false "switch" suffice for this purpose?
I was thinking more of - "you have bounced off the atmosphere, your ship has no planetary capability " :)

Just to make it clear - and you're right, it's a simple condition check based on the ship type.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

This is my opinion of trying to land on a planet with a ship that just can. As you have to communicate you should recieve a message telling you that you can't dock. Your ship is not able. That's what shuttles were for.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:This is my opinion of trying to land on a planet with a ship that just can. As you have to communicate you should recieve a message telling you that you can't dock. Your ship is not able. That's what shuttles were for.
It would be great if we can implement actual shuttles - because that's one step forward to having an inter-system ferry service, for ships with no jump drives.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Yeah, that way, if your ship gets destroyed you can hop on a shuttle and get another ship.

Team Fortress 2
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

Dilloh wrote:
there's no need for buyable Paradigms, unless Dilloh's got another cool campaign up his sleeve somewhere.
I don't have a campaign for that, it's already locked within the main plot.

I see no reason to talk about capships docking and landing once again. I say they'll stay in, and we'll talk about how they can be in later - at least for PU. Okay?
Sounds ok to me. :D
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Thanks Rezaele, these things are handy to know. :)
chuck_starchaser wrote:Guys, let's compromise: Owning capships should be okay, with the only caveat that they don't land on planets. They can only land (or dock with) stations. Mining bases and refineries are stations. New Cons is a station. Perry is a station. Just planets you cannot land on. All this means, in practical terms, is that once you get close to a planet in a Paradigm and press D you see an image of a generic space station, representing a *Space Elevator Station*, with the Paradigm externally docked to it, as opposed to seeing the planet surface. Pretty simple concept, though it may take a bit of programming to implement.
Also, the screens of a landing pad at mining and refinery bases should be replaced with an externally docked paradigm screen.
So, what it boils down to is having alternative docking screens for capships.
Good enough for me, thanks Chuck :)
MAS wrote:....As you have to communicate you should recieve a message telling you that you can't dock......
This function doesn't seem to work, at least not on my game. Unless you're assuming it's done automatically just to get through the landing sequence.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Zool wrote:
MAS wrote:...As you have to communicate you should recieve a message telling you that you can't dock......
This function doesn't seem to work, at least not on my game. Unless you're assuming it's done automatically just to get through the landing sequence.
Not sure... try to dock on a retro drayman or a hostile kamekh, and you get a "negatory" reply. Altering the landing script to check for the current ship type and then either altering the background scene to shuttles or just refusing landing will make it.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:
Zool wrote:
MAS wrote:...As you have to communicate you should recieve a message telling you that you can't dock......
Not sure... try to dock on a retro drayman or a hostile kamekh, and you get a "negatory" reply. Altering the landing script to check for the current ship type and then either altering the background scene to shuttles or just refusing landing will make it.
It's audio. I won't let you dock but it also tells you via voice. The landing speech is not though.

Team Fortress 2
Voyager
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Voyager »

Zool wrote: (We need to make up our minds whether the Paradigm is a corvette or destroyer. It can't be both) [...]
You ever tried sorting out what class modern warships are? Australia just bought a batch of Spanish Frigates to use as air warfare Destroyers. Top it off, with the fact that the US Ticonderoga class Cruiser, is pretty much just a Spruance class Destroyer, with a fancy radar and extra missile launchers, and the new DDG(X) Destroyer (which is actually a gun destroyer, despite being designated as a missile destroyer), is going to be bigger than both of them, and is likely to end up being the largest surface warfare vessel in operation for some time.

It actually is quite realistic for a capital class have about 10-15 mutually exclusive designations.