Adding Lvl4 shields to Perry during PR campaign ...

Forum For Privateer Remake
Shoot
Explorer
Explorer

Adding Lvl4 shields to Perry during PR campaign ...

Post by Shoot »

Ok, that's just an example. I'm interested in how to add an item to a base that is no normally not there. What file do I need to be looking at and what editor do I need to do this?

(BTW, I did find it strange that there was no lvl4 shield or reactor anywhere until after you start the RF campaigns. Or maybe I just missed it?)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

1.) Make a backup of /units/units.csv
2.) Open the file with csveditor2 by GAlex
3.) Search for the perry line
4.) Search from there the Upgrades column
5.) Enter the stuff you wish here - Take examples from other bases

Lev4 upgrades are also available prior to RF, e.g. for the Orion.
Shoot
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Shoot »

Dilloh wrote:Lev4 upgrades are also available prior to RF, e.g. for the Orion.
Yes, this is one reason why I was asking. The Orion can use Lvl4 prior to RF, but Lvl4 doesn't show up anywhere until we play RF. Perry is missing Lvl4, Lvl6, and Lvl7 shields prior to RF. It only has these shields after RF is started.

I can understand not having 6 and 7, but not having 4 until RF is a bit weird since Orion uses it!

It's not obvious what in units.csv is preventing 4, 6, and 7 from showing up til after RF is started.

BTW, I didn't see anything under upgrades for Perry. I only see shield related stuff under cargo import (eg. {upgrades/Shield_Systems/Heavy;1;.1;2;1} ).

In your parallel universe mod, all shield/reactor upgrades are available at Perry prior to RF. Yet, the entry I listed above is identical to what you have in your mod. Is there another entry you need to modify to enable all shield/reactor upgrades at Perry prior to RF?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Uhm, maybe you have to take a look at the entries for the shield generators directly. I have no experience with adding stuff (I only reenabled the cloak for me). z30 did the whole shield generator I assume, so he is the better adress for your question.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Dilloh wrote:Uhm, maybe you have to take a look at the entries for the shield generators directly. I have no experience with adding stuff (I only reenabled the cloak for me). z30 did the whole shield generator I assume, so he is the better adress for your question.
Got it :)

@Shoot : For these items to be available from day one, you need to make an entry for the Level 4 (& other hard to find items) shields in the master_parts_list.csv