ship question - demon and drayman

Forum For Privateer Remake
robSlider
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

ship question - demon and drayman

Post by robSlider »

How can one buy a drayman or demon? I'm sure the drayman is expensive, but I want to know where to get one, as none of the big bases have anything for sale other than the four normal ships. thanks.
robSlider
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

never mind

Post by robSlider »

sorry, i guess i need to play the storyline game to advance. yay.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Before you make the same mistakes like me, make sure you visit the ship dealer or commodity exchange ship hold after each completed campaign mission, so you won't miss any new ships... especially the drayman and the paradigm are hard, not to say impossible to get if you miss them.

SPOILERS:
drayman available at oxford after oxford missions
paradigm available at perry after drone is destroyed.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

They seem to be randomly available after you have "unlocked" the point in the campaign when you can buy them. I see then from time to time at Perry, New Detroit and Oxford but never enough money when I see one lol. :?
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
robSlider
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by robSlider »

would it not make it more realistic to allow anyone to purchase larger cargo vessels like the drayman at any time? Or even things like older military capships to someone who has got a good reputation with the confed forces? hmmm....
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Many things would be more realistic... There were also talks about implementing the PU ships into side stories. The original Privateer only featured 4 ships. To make PR not too easy, I think it is okay if you get the ships within the advancing storyline.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

I agree, There's plenty of great ships (especially the Galaxy GS) to use without unlocking the others.

I've been playing for 3 days to get a Galaxy GS fully tricked out and haven't even thought about the campaign yet. Also got a Raptor, Krant and Sartha (had to "modify" my cargo hold for 5 minutes to acquire one of each) 8) and my faithful Centurion (level 5 shields and reactor). I have trouble deciding which one to use.

BTW, what are the green beams I see on the Draymans flying about. YERY nasty if I get hit by one......DEAD!! :evil:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The green beam? Should be a repulsor beam, the opposite of the tractor beam, repulsing objects from the ship. But I can't imagine you're dead afterwards. It is supposed to bring you off your course, twist your ship, in the worst case.

I also played hours and days to max out my GS. I didn't want to buy a reactor 7, which I would habe to sell later for half the creds, so I made 4.5mils with cargo missions in a stock galaxy and my tarsusmk2. That's the problem with the new ships. Everybody wants to start the campaign in his favourite ship when it's maxed out. I think not only ships, but also weapons and equipment should be unlocked via campaign.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Definitely end up instantly dead when hit by a repulsor beam. I often see a Drayman with two constantly activated, waving around like giant whiskers. if I fly near him and one hits me...."End Of Story", so to speak.

Should the Drayman be doing this?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I don't think that draymans should have the capability to spin like crazy. I never saw that before. Cool...
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

in VS those green beams are disruptors not replusors

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Disruptors.......... :shock: VERY COOL!! Can we buy them as I have not seen them anywhere???
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

If i remember correctly Z30 either did or was planning to remove repulsor beams until he could fix them. It seems there is something wrong with the mechanics, and if you're too close or something you are sucked into the cargo hold of the drayman, Resulting in game over. I don't remember the details too well, but i believe that is the reason for the insta-death you're experiencing.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:If i remember correctly Z30 either did or was planning to remove repulsor beams until he could fix them. It seems there is something wrong with the mechanics, and if you're too close or something you are sucked into the cargo hold of the drayman, Resulting in game over. I don't remember the details too well, but i believe that is the reason for the insta-death you're experiencing.
In my last workfile - I converted them to normal tractor beams. I'm going to have to review those files & figure out how to incorporate them in the patch Diloh, you & the others have worked on & contributed to.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Can it be true... Is z30 back???

on 1.0 green beams are tractor beams.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2