rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

need help by modify faction shipstypes

Post by rlaan »

hello there

sorry for my bad english

i have createt any new ships for privateer(remake), now
i try to give any factions(?pirates, Retro, Kilrah ...) new and more shiptypes...

always the same talons and not enough commandships...

but i cant find the right files to do this....

so i have createt a ship names "Defender", now the pirates must fly the Talon AND the Defender. I have set it in the /modules/faction_ships.py by fighters " (...) ("talon", (...) , "Defender",), #pirates

but its has not effect of the game

please help me

thanx
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Open with notepad: /Privateer/modules/faction_ships.py
You'll eventually find the following block:
fighters = (("stiletto","ferret","ferret","gladius","sabre","broadsword",), #confed
("sartha","sartha","sartha","dralthi","dralthi","grikath","gothri",), #kilrathi
("steltek_fighter",), #nephilim
("tarsus","tarsus","tarsusMk2","tarsusMk2","galaxyhk","galaxy","orion","orionMk2",), #merchant
("talon","talon","krant","sparrowhawk"), #retro
("talon","talon","talon","talon","talon","sparrowhawk","defender","defender"), #pirates
("demon","demon","demon","orionMk2b","orionMk2H","centurion","galaxygs"), #hunter
("talon","talon","sparrowhawk","scimitar","gladius","hornet","hornet","kukhri","raptor",), #militia
("salthi","salthi.particle"), #unknown
("tarsus","gladius","talon","talon","talon","drayman",),#landreich
("tarsus","gladius","talon","talon","talon","drayman",),#border_worlds
("stiletto",), #firekkan
("stiletto",), #AWACS
)
isBomber = {"broadsword":2,"gladius":4,"gothri":6,"grikath":8}

capitals = (("paradigm",), #confed
("kamekh",), #kilrathi
("done",), #nephilim
("drayman",), #merchant
("drayman",), #retro
("drayman",), #pirates
("drayman",), #hunter
("draymanCVL",), #militia
("kamekh",), #unknown
("drayman",),#landreich
("paradigm",),#border_worlds
("drayman",), #firekkan
("paradigm","drayman","drayman","drayman",), #AWACS
)
Look at the marked text, you'll see the "defender" is noted twice in the pirates line. It will be generated during missions or in cruising mode. The more often it is "mentioned", the more often it will appear. Example: The upper case will create two out of seven ships as "defenders". So if you encounter a pirate flightgroup with seven fighters, there'll be two defenders in average. You can also input capships into the line, but this might also influence especially campaign missions by making them too easy (drayman) or too hard (paradigm).

Please tell us more about your "defender", either by screenshots and specs or better by making it available to download!
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

ahh... thanx,

oh! i see the line
("done",), #nephilim
thats was by me also, i have think i have do an error and delete the "r"...
is that correctly or must that be a "drone"??

i have createt and modyfied any ships, weapons, bases... ships and bases mostly adapted from Vegastrike and new betextured with kilrathi camonflage and signs :P

i hope i understand that corektly, example:
("talon","talon","sparrowhawk","scimitar","gladius","hornet","hornet","kukhri","raptor",), #militia
that mean the talon and the hornet ar possible in mission and cruising mode. but the ship they only once "mentioned" they only in missions? :oops: :lol:

i hope i can use my old savegame... i try it now

thanx
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

no effect!!!

i have give the retros ONLY galaxys.... and they come in ... :roll: TALONS :roll:

i dont understand it, maybe its the savegame file... tha save the faction-ships within.... i try to start a new game...

naturely, its wars the savegame... *how is the smiley with head again the wall* :lol:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The block I showed you only displays the ship spawns.

galaxy galaxy galaxy orion

means, if you encouter a 4 ship flightgroup, 3 of them are galaxies and 1 is an orion.

Writing into the line should definitively work. Make sure The ( " , are setted correctly.
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

hat alles geklappt
yes it works

was kann ich machen um eine neue fraktion einzubauen "Predators"
how i can create a new fraction "Predators"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Das wird meines Wissens komplett in factions.py geregelt. Wenn ich dir das jetzt alles erkläre drehst du völlig hohl. Die Datei ist einfach zu bearbeiten. Du gibst den Predators die folgende Nummer (13?), eigene Schiffstypen, Heimatsysteme (dort werden Schiffe generiert), Schwadronengrößen, etc. Einfach von den anderen Einträgen abkupfern via Kopieren+Einfügen und entsprechend modifizieren.

Was ist das für ein nettes Bildchen da?