units.csv file

Forum For Privateer Remake
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

units.csv file

Post by feeltheat »

Hi All,

I have modified the units.csv file but it seems to have not effect on the game.

I have done the same for privateer: gemini gold and it works. The same logic suppose to work for privateer remake?

Please advise me where have I done wrong?

Example:

I have added the following code to tarsus.begin in line 6 of the file

{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;0;.319;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;-.325;-.264;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;.325;-.264;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;0;.319;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;-.325;-.264;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;.325;-.264;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;0;.319;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;-.325;-.264;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{BoostedSteltek;;;Light Medium Heavy autotracking;.325;-.264;.28;;;;;;;;;1;1}{HeatSeeker;10;10;Light-Missile Medium-Missile Heavy-Missile Special;0.205030;-4.73075e-2;-0.100794;;;0.00000e+0;0.00000e+0;0.125136;0.00000e+0;6.25680e-2;0.00000e+0;1;1}{HeatSeeker;10;10;Light-Missile Medium-Missile Heavy-Missile Special;-0.205000;-4.73075e-2;-0.100794;;;0.00000e+0;0.00000e+0;0.125136;0.00000e+0;6.25680e-2;0.00000e+0;1;1}}{HeatSeeker;10;10;Light-Missile Medium-Missile Heavy-Missile Special;-0.205000;-4.73075e-2;-0.100794;;;0.00000e+0;0.00000e+0;0.125136;0.00000e+0;6.25680e-2;0.00000e+0;1;1}

Thanks,

Regards
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Try using excel or better the csveditor2. Maybe you damaged the file by using a software not suitable.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Dilloh wrote:Try using excel or better the csveditor2. Maybe you damaged the file by using a software not suitable.
=======================================

i edited it with excel. work ok in privateer: gemini gold.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@feeltheat re not using exel current versions seem to believe that there only windows users in the world and save in a Microsoft way that can not be read by the underlining engine VS so like Diloh said csveditor2 is prefered you can find it here http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7143 also the sub-forum that thread is from might be useful reading :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

loki1950 wrote:@feeltheat re not using exel current versions seem to believe that there only windows users in the world and save in a Microsoft way that can not be read by the underlining engine VS so like Diloh said csveditor2 is prefered you can find it here http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7143 also the sub-forum that thread is from might be useful reading :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
========================================

i have used the savegame file from gemini gold into remake. work ok there. Thanks. I added new ship centurion.begin into the units.csv and units180.csv and it is working fine now.
Melonhead
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Melonhead »

Okay, let me just ask...I am sure this is covered elsewhere, but I haven't found it spelled out.

In units.csv, what is the difference between "ship", "ship.blank", "ship.begin", and "ship.template"? I'm pretty sure ship.begin is just a modified version of a ship (Tarsus.begin) that is used for a new game, but I'm not completely clear on the others.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

the "ship" is a pretty-well loaded ship, intended for use in 1-on-1 simulations or battles; however I believe inside the actual missions it isn't used.

"ship.blank" is whate everything starts out with, then upgrades are added on.
"ship.template" is the maximum stats a ship can hold. I believe it determines how many upgrades of a certain type you can have.

"ship.begin" is a special ship for human players with some reasonable defaults (like a good starting radar, and some basic lasers as weapons).

"ship.milspec" is a ship with top-quality upgrades and weapon mounts.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

I guess there's also a ship.custom designation.
I modified my centurion and added it as centurion2.custom. It appears as Military Spec. Variant (custom), which is pretty cool imho. Who wants to fly a stock Centurion anyway? :wink:
I did it "by accident" just because it's a customized Centurion and so the abbreviation would fit. But it worked. Trying other names like whatsoever.willi didn't do any good. The ship simply wasn't there.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Me, I want to fly a stock centurion. Milspec ships normally have limitations in how you can change your ship by upgrades.

Ship classes like .custom are nothing really new, talk about salthi.particle. But the possibility to add your own "packages" might offer some new possibilities.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

You're right, the milspecs usually have restrictions given by the values in the default units.cvs. A little editing here and there can change this.

As far as I understand the limitations are set by the ship.template and if you have a Milspec than it's usually just ship which has already some equipment or values set in the unit.cvs.
By example:
The tarsus (discribed as milspec) has a radar range value of 1999, tarsus.blank has 0 and tarsus.template has 2,00E+038. The same goes for several other values concerning upgrades.

The tarsus.blank comes all empty and all equipment allowed by the tarsus.template limit is possible. The tarsus has already values, wether the equipment appears in the list at the shipdealer or not and certain upgrades are not possible.
So it doesn't matter if a ship is a blank/stock or custom/milspec special (custom) as long as all values concerning upgrades are set to minimum or 0 or boolean FALSE.
Just rename a ship from xxx.blank to xxx.custom in the units.cvs. than do the same in a save game. There is no xxx.custom in the serialized_xml\whatsoeversavegame directory and when you reload, the game will create an empty xxx.custom/milspec special taking the values from the units.cvs. This ship can be equipped in any way only limited by space and the xxx.template.
Of course, for gameplay it doesn't matter if the ship is stock or whatever. But if I can change values of units in the game rather easily and even the description name...then I'll do it ;)
Anyway, usually there's not much to worry about ship w/o appendix, except for the deprecated ones like the Paradigm. And when I got mine it was stuffed with all upgrades like all the reactors from 1-9, all radars etc. I couldnt sell a single piece, because it was always some equipment damaged, and when fixed, another piece was damaged again which was just fixed and so on.
I changed this. Hacked me an empty milspec Paradigm (after I bought the weird one), which was pretty easy. I just overrode the Paradigm with the values of paradigm.blank, except for the name, deleted the paradigm file in the in the according serialized_xml subdirectory and reloaded.

Now all i have to do is to find out what this big ugly and slow ship is good for... :?:
Melonhead
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Melonhead »

I found that changing variables in the existing rows in units.csv didn't work, even when I was careful to also change it in the save game and the serialized_xml. However, making a .custom variant in these three files worked like a champ. Am I missing a fourth file that would need to be modified in order to change the behavior of a standard ship class?

I am experimenting with the idea of exploring to find Easter eggs/fixers that might give your ship a small special enhancement--say, an extra 20 kph speed from the afterburner, or equivalent. (Something like the hidden compartment.) The thought isn't to affect overall balance, but to reflect the idea that the character is a bit of a rogue, who would always look for an edge, and more importantly, to reward exploration.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Okay, but why not just change the savegame from paradigm to paradigm.blank? This will offer all template updates to equip.

Btw... If you don't know what the paradigm his good for, try using turret commands or better, mount a tractor beam and see what happens if you point it at enemy fighters... :D
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

guys,

the values you change in units.csv and units180.csv has a direct impact in privater: gemini gold but some how not working well in the remake.

what i do is i made all the necessary modification i want for the ship ie centurion. And in privater: gemini gold, the centurion you bought straight from the trader is called centurion.begin. So i have the game in gemini gold. and brought over to remake savegame folder. and then i edited the units.csv and units180.csv file with added line of centurion.begin.

Now i load the game in remake and i got my own ship!!!! cool right. and my centurion is the only one in the game that got 6 stealteck boosted guns and 200000 of armor and shield. can easily take down a kamekes, and even bump into asteriod wont damage my ship. and i can easily kill other centurion ships in the game since the AI is using centurion and not centurion.begin.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

by the way guys i am new to remake with the expanding WCU series. so how do i buy other ships other than orion, galaxy, and centurion? the ship trader only offer me those three ships.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

ace123 wrote:the "ship" is a pretty-well loaded ship, intended for use in 1-on-1 simulations or battles; however I believe inside the actual missions it isn't used.

"ship.blank" is whate everything starts out with, then upgrades are added on.
"ship.template" is the maximum stats a ship can hold. I believe it determines how many upgrades of a certain type you can have.

"ship.begin" is a special ship for human players with some reasonable defaults (like a good starting radar, and some basic lasers as weapons).

"ship.milspec" is a ship with top-quality upgrades and weapon mounts.
==========================================

what i do is i copied the ship.milspec values and paste over ship.begin values and my ship.begin will have what the ship.milspec has and plus more.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

Dilloh wrote:Okay, but why not just change the savegame from paradigm to paradigm.blank? This will offer all template updates to equip.

Btw... If you don't know what the paradigm his good for, try using turret commands or better, mount a tractor beam and see what happens if you point it at enemy fighters... :D
Sure, just adding .blank would be the most easy way. But then again I'd have a Paradigm stock, which annoys me. Military capships on stock? does it come also in red and do I get a discount if I buy a dozen? :roll:
Ok, just my personal spleen, for gameplay it doesn't matter anyway.
And I did install a tractor on the Paradigm. I received a gigantic vacuum cleaner for sucking in Dralthi, Gothri and all that pirate and retro scrap. A vacuum cleaner with many turrets though. Makes fun...at least for a while :D
Since PR sticks close to the original game, capships aren't merely more than blown up fighters. And jumping into a fight between feds and kils with a paradigm or a Galaxy GS most of the time left me with all targets red, since the turrets blow off everything no matter if hostile or friendly.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

That's true. Combined with turrets blasting everything away and dumb ki raming you when you try to dogfight in your capship makes everybody angry. The really bad thing is the extremly high paying cargo missions... Just fly a bunch of missions to a nearby system and you have at least 30,000,000 creds, which makes further privateering difficult. There should be mission pay limitations for non-campaigns, lets say 300000 creds.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

by the way which editor can be used to edit my save game? the two i downloaded from the game page look like are for dos base only. i am playing in window xp mode. anyone can point me to a web page to download an editor?

now my ship disappear from my lanching screen. i reinstall everything and it still wont appear. i only modified my ship cargo from 5000 to 100000 and this happened. damn.

anyway now instead of destroying enemies i can use my centurion tractor beam to haul them in hehe
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

@Dilloh
I second this, as well as reducing prices for kilships. A few tours with the drayman for picking Dralthis and Gothris and the millions are rolling.

@feeltheat
The save game itself can be editet easily with the note pad or any other simple text editor. You can chance amount of money or class of ship.
Anything else I wouldn't touch since there are the infos for the running campaign, which goals already archieved etc.

And where did you change the cargo hold? In the units.cvs or in the serialized_xml directory?
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Sligor wrote:@Dilloh
I second this, as well as reducing prices for kilships. A few tours with the drayman for picking Dralthis and Gothris and the millions are rolling.

@feeltheat
The save game itself can be editet easily with the note pad or any other simple text editor. You can chance amount of money or class of ship.
Anything else I wouldn't touch since there are the infos for the running campaign, which goals already archieved etc.

And where did you change the cargo hold? In the units.cvs or in the serialized_xml directory?
======================================

in the units.csv. i played the game in gemini gold and transferred the savegame to remake.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

1.) Most reliable is csv editor available at http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7143

2.) WordPad (works really good in units.csv!)

3.) MS Excel, but it often corrupts the savegame
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Dilloh wrote:That's true. Combined with turrets blasting everything away and dumb ki raming you when you try to dogfight in your capship makes everybody angry. The really bad thing is the extremly high paying cargo missions... Just fly a bunch of missions to a nearby system and you have at least 30,000,000 creds, which makes further privateering difficult. There should be mission pay limitations for non-campaigns, lets say 300000 creds.
Well when you dock you have a certin amount of credits taken out of your acount, i think the amount is fixed and does not change, if the amount was much more it would force you to get missions that are worth while. Also if the amount is based on what ship you have the docking fee for a talon would be much less than for a Paradigm.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Man, that's one of the best ideas I heard thus far.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Thought you might think that.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:
Dilloh wrote:That's true. Combined with turrets blasting everything away and dumb ki raming you when you try to dogfight in your capship makes everybody angry. The really bad thing is the extremly high paying cargo missions... Just fly a bunch of missions to a nearby system and you have at least 30,000,000 creds, which makes further privateering difficult. There should be mission pay limitations for non-campaigns, lets say 300000 creds.
Well when you dock you have a certin amount of credits taken out of your acount, i think the amount is fixed and does not change, if the amount was much more it would force you to get missions that are worth while. Also if the amount is based on what ship you have the docking fee for a talon would be much less than for a Paradigm.
============================================

is it a bug or just something to let us make alot of money. there are 3 missions avaible in detroit system and each playing 1.5m. and two of them are at the same nav point!!! so in total i make 4.5m in one run in two nav points and kill 8 ships in total. wow.