stiletto cockpit

Forum For Privateer Remake
masteroforion
Merchant
Merchant

stiletto cockpit

Post by masteroforion »

I read here that PR 1.3 was coming soon, so I took the time and completed the half done stiletto cockpit which was gathering virtual dust on my harddrive. Sent it to the usual mail...

Some screenshots:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Can you also send it to spiritplumber@gmail.com?
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

The new Stilleto cockpit shots look fantastic. Spirit, I'd be very interested in having a copy once it's integrated.

This should really break the monotony of having the same cockpit over and over - the Gladius one tends to be used a lot in the light fighters.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Masteroforion has already done the work -- just change a units.csv cockpit reference to stiletto-cockpit.cpt to use it. :)

By the way z30.... are you using the units.csv you got from WCU, or the one you got from PR for your variants?

Also, did you download the multiplayer client? All the WC1 cockpits are in there (and more).
My Moral Code:
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

That is a DAMN SEXY piece of cockpit work.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Indeed,very nice. Would it be too much to ask you to apply your skills to a Gothri cockpit?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

spiritplumber wrote:Masteroforion has already done the work -- just change a units.csv cockpit reference to stiletto-cockpit.cpt to use it. :)

By the way z30.... are you using the units.csv you got from WCU, or the one you got from PR for your variants?

Also, did you download the multiplayer client? All the WC1 cockpits are in there (and more).
I'm using the units.csv from WCU mostly for the new ships. For the stock PR ships & their variants the units.csv from PR. Which would you recommend as the better choice?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

No idea :) whatever works best for you... if you use the WCU file, it would be easier for me to backport everything if/when that's considered desirable.

Again, look at the multiplayer client.... I did a lot of refining work on the WC1-era ships. Hope it helps?
My Moral Code:
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

spiritplumber wrote:No idea :) whatever works best for you... if you use the WCU file, it would be easier for me to backport everything if/when that's considered desirable.

Again, look at the multiplayer client.... I did a lot of refining work on the WC1-era ships. Hope it helps?
I actually got to play for a bit before some Hornets blasted me, having some problems with logging in with my username instead of guest.

Nice job with the cockpits, they do have issues under PR though I'm confident those will be addressed.

All this immersion in WC1 ships has had me checking out the WC CiC timeline and the more structured timeline at www.wc-aces.com. It should be possible to tie in some WC1 & 2 storylines either as references backdrops or aftermaths in some special Privateer missions.
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

wow

Post by rlaan »

your cocpits looks very good,
can you say me, how i can download it?
thx
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

reworked cockpits

Post by Paul »

I did a paintshop rework of the Salthi and Dralthi cockpits. These are not the great hi-res renderings like the other ships, but they are far better than what I downloaded with PR 1.2. ( If someone with CVS access to the code wants to include them with future downloads, feel free, no credit required.)

I also reconfigured the Demon cockpit to greatly improve visibility.

EDIT
I was going to share them with you all, but I can't seem to get the attachement to upload.

EDIT
OK, no files. 1 meg is just not big enuff, even when I break them into individual packages by ship. I had to rework a lot of stuff on all of them, including the .cpt and .spr files, so it wouldn't do any good to just upload the images.

Sorry folks.

EDIT
Here's a screenshot of the Demon cockpit.

EDIT
Here's a screenshot of a brand new cockpit for a brand new ship I made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Paul on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Why don't you get yourself some webspace at filefront, upload your cockpits there and submit the link?

Btw: Everybody contributing is being credited by his forum user name, at least for parallel universe.
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Paul »

Dilloh wrote:Why don't you get yourself some webspace at filefront, upload your cockpits there and submit the link?
I may do that. I don't have any webspace ATM because until recently I hosted my own domain out of my home. I shut it down a few weeks ago.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

RE:

Post by Draken Stark »

Go to www.photobucket.com

it's what I use for all my images and it works just fine. It's free, but keep in mind the Terms of Use though.

Go here for an example: http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 96364ffc1f

EDIT: If you actually have your own web space then nvm. That kind of hosting is sooo much better if you can afford domain/internet-service.
I personally live in Alaska where everything we get is just... well call where I live a backwater town and that's perfect... 32kb upload speeds and up to 512kb downloads. (Internet services here suck and are very expecive for just that, so I can't host anything on my own without really slow speeds and going over bandwidth limits (about 5 gigs at best))
\( v.v);/
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Hey, that's much better than dial-up, though I'd have the possibility to get broadband (up to 768Kbytesec/down) if I'd want to afford it. I've got physical download rates of 2kb/s, and I sometimes think I'd be faster if I sent everybody a letter including my posts. Maybe it's because Germany looks like Alaska currently? :wink:
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Oh your lucky, Dilloh. 2 kp/s. We are lucky to get one.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Well, I don't consider this luck, for we in Germany should have really capable backbones, and my theoretical download rate is 7.2kbytes per second.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

lol - getting off topic. My appoligies as I think I'm the one to kind of blame >.<
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

No one to blame for. So back to topic - what was that? Cockpits?
Bluehair
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Bluehair »

Great cockpit design but two questions/suggestions

-Is the HUD display going to be like how it is in the picture? As in a 3D camera view of your targetted craft?

-Are some of the other cockpits going to remove that legs+joystick graphic soon? It feels kinda... odd to see me spinning around in my ship and seeing how neither of my arms/legs react >_>
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

HUDs refer always to the ship model, not to the cockpit. When a new ship is designed, the designer decides how the HUD looks like. But there's always a choice as HUDs are quite easy to design.

The legs are taken from wc1/wc2 and just offer a variety. Cockpits are simple, static images, so you won't get anything moving in there unless you work on its code.