In Game "News" question

Forum For Privateer Remake
tom2619
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

In Game "News" question

Post by tom2619 »

Frequently there are messages titled 'Help Wanted'. These messages detail information about valuable stuff in with debris from derelict vessels, etc., after a battle. Its an invitation to show up and pick up this stuff for some fast cash. But, the locations seem to be impossible to track. Is this something that needs to be extensively researched by exploration, is there some trick to this, or is this something that still needs to be developed for game play?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: In Game "News" question

Post by z30 »

tom2619 wrote:Frequently there are messages titled 'Help Wanted'. These messages detail information about valuable stuff in with debris from derelict vessels, etc., after a battle. Its an invitation to show up and pick up this stuff for some fast cash. But, the locations seem to be impossible to track. Is this something that needs to be extensively researched by exploration, is there some trick to this, or is this something that still needs to be developed for game play?
Same here, I've never been able to go to these places.

Probably just fiction, but the other die hard Privateer players would know for sure.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I thought thay were there for decoration. It would be nice if it had more info.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Starship_Gunner
Explorer
Explorer

Got there but there's Nothing

Post by Starship_Gunner »

About those newsreels about space salvage and cargo and hulls adrift after a collossal battle, I carefully plotted a course and got to where the supposed battle occured - nothing. And forget about contacting x Squadron thats supposed to handle the salvage run - you can't find them, couldn't even know where to start finding them. It seems GNN(Gemini(?)News Network) airs these as fillers between your actual exploits and random inconsequential events.

<Has anyone 'jacked a talon 'neath a Retro's butt?>
<slightly used Talon for sale @ Paradigm Starship Bazzar>
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Why does somebody do a post called "GNN Today" and make it so that the author post news articles about such things as development, tweaks, civil wars, ect. That would be cool.

Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

may be i should do something like that. :?: My brother did someyhing like that called the "stahl light".

Team Fortress 2