Failed a mission (a campaign one!), now what??

Forum For Privateer Remake
Garashta
Explorer
Explorer

Failed a mission (a campaign one!), now what??

Post by Garashta »

What can I do if If I failed a mission??? I just failed the mission from roman lynch where he asks me to deliver weapons to siva on rikal, and now he reprimends me for failing, and wont talk with me anymore!! how to progress on the campaign???? Anyway, even hacking, please help!
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Pretty much you have to start from a save game from a previous point. Or start from the beginning, either by new game or go back and see if you can trigger the first mission again, the later option allowing you to keep your present ship and funds.

Editing the save file is not really recommended and even if you did it might skip over all the missions from Lynch.
Garashta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Garashta »

isn´t there any other way??? To begin a new game from the very begining??? it would be a waste of time all the hours I've spent so far! and what do you mean by this:
either by new game or go back and see if you can trigger the first mission again, the later option allowing you to keep your present ship and funds.
Can I begin a new game with my current ship, killing score and funds? How?
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

I believe if you open your save using a hexadecimal editor and edit the "campaign score" value to zero, it will reset the campaign. Don't quote me on it, though.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

You can also use Wordpad -- remember to save the file as text. Notepad will occasionally "eat" carriage returns and is not recommended for this purpose.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Garashta wrote:Can I begin a new game with my current ship, killing score and funds? How?
I did it once after finishing PR but hadn't triggered RF yet, went back and guy you get artifact from and if he's there you can restart the campaign with your present stats and ship.

If you do decide to try and hack the game make sure to make a backup copy of the effected files you are changing in case it doesn't work.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

You have to go to the planet jolson in xx 1917 or something like that to trigger RF. But do REALLY want to?
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

RF can only be triggered if you have the boosted Steltek gun and according to the topic it's the first campaign that still has to be finished first in order to get the boosted Steltek gun.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

wonder if editing the boosted steltek gun onto your ship would be enough... I have had the gun before i evan start PR.

Team Fortress 2
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Hmm, it should be enough though you might have to make sure the gun status is set to "1 1.0" in the save game file. Then just go to Jolson to test it out.

Note though the plot of RF is that the gun gets stolen so you're going to lose the gun when RF is started.

If you equipped your ship with more than 1 boosted Steltek gun then the game will remove 2 of them.

You also only have a slim chance of getting it back at the end of the RF campaign by purchasing a ship it's equipped on just before the final battle. (Just one though since in the story you are only ever suppose to have 1).

Though there are other ways of getting boosted Steltek guns besides hacking, for example if before you finish the PR campaign you can use a Draymon to tractor the Steltek fighter (it's actually a scout since the ship you get the gun from is the actual fighter) and you can swipe the three guns it has when you get to a base through the ship dealership.

You could also create your own army of Steltek (scout) Fighters if you have enough creds. Since a one time bonus at the end of PR is the ability to purchase a depreciated Paradigm ($$$$$$$$$$$-Expensive).

By selling the Steltek fighter it will appear on the purchasable ships. Just keep buying it (one at a time, since "My Fleet" might merge them), flying into orbit, eject, leaving ship in orbit, go back and repeat as many times as you want or can afford and then use the Paradigm (Cargo hold is like 100000) to tractor them all and you'll have an army of Steltek (scout) Fighters.

Another board member did this and destroyed a base with his fleet of 100 ships, under the "Destroy A Base In Under 5 Minutes" topic. And of course you can swipe a boosted Steltek gun from each.

This is the main use for the Paradigm since it's a cap ship and piloting it is like trying to navigate a whale. So fighters are the best option to dealing with enemy ships. Though you can more than make up the cost of the Paradigm in cargo runs, which take into account your massive hold so missions can pay up 6-7 figure creds each run)

Other than that you can steal regular steltek and mass produced steltek guns from certain enemy ships (hint: they Stole the Original) in RF.

You'll eventually want to trigger RF because most of the cool upgrades aren't available until you get to RF, which takes place one year after PR ends.

There are also a few side campaigns you can trigger after RF that helps keep things interesting.

If you want more than that then look into the Parallel Universe Mod topic.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

What's the 1 1.0 thing about? i would belive you anyway as you sound like someone that knows much about such things.

Team Fortress 2
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Like you I've experimented but I'm still learning how the game works and what effects what. So someone like z30 can tell you a lot more.

But to answer your question. It's a line in the save game file.

If you have the gun it should read, "have_the_gun 1 1.000000 "

Basically if you are going to hack the save game there are two files.

1) The Save Game file (Whatever you named your save game) is in the, "\Privateer\.privateer100\save" folder. This contains all the game details like how many creds you have, what ships you own, your kill count, campaign status, etc.

2) The other folder is, "\Privateer\.privateer100\serialized_xml" , which has the specs on each ship you own in the saved game. Ship type, speed, armor, shields, cargo, equipment, etc can be adjusted there per ship.

But as always, save a copy of the original before you save the changes as the files can get corrupted and you could lose them. Excell for example has been known to do this at random.

Though for game enjoyability it is recommended to not hack the game. Even though I know it is really tempting with many of the balance issues of PR.