Ok, I need help. Which way do I go?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Shivalyn
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Ok, I need help. Which way do I go?

Post by Shivalyn »

So I started my game. Flew around for a bit, died. Started a new game, did better at flying around, didn't die quite so much.

Two games later I found my way to New Detroit and talked to a rather classy looking guy named Sandoval. Now this cool cat seemed relatively trusty and so I was thinking "Hey, 15 grand for delivering some cargo, not bad' but then he dumps this artifact on me.

Well I knew it was hot but I took it anyways and then I come back to get it off my hands and there's a good looking young lass sitting there this time around. She introduced herself as Tayla and gave me more missions. The first was OK, the second involved running Brilliance which I grudgingly took.

I got into the Troy system and was ambushed by Militia. I couldn't kill them so they killed me instead.

Now I went back to Tayla to hopefully get the mission again but she basically said 'screw you, I'm going home' and now I'm completely lost.

I've been to Oxford to hopefully learn about the artifact in the library as one bartender was talking about. No luck. Then I heard about some guys trying to hack into the Oxford system adn figured that was my next lead. Unfortunately that's as far as a lead as I've gotten.

So I've either botched up my storyline completely or just don't know where to go from here.

That's where you come in. Hints are welcome...

I've been trying to follow the Oxford 'lead' to no avail. I even tried mugging a kid for his juice money and library pass but apparently Oxford kids are skilled in the martial arts as well.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

I'm afraid that if you saved after failing the mission for tayla you'll have to start again, or if you have an earlier save use that. It seems failure is not an option for the campaign missions. Btw it's too early for oxford, you'll be more or less told to go there when the time comes (not by a bartender).
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Unless you edit the save files.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

it sounds like you may be in a mission. Does the mission not give directions about where to go?

I wouldn't recommend editing your saved game, but Vega Strike isn't much different from most other games in that if you screw up the campaign, then overwrite your saved game, you lose everything.

Always save to new games. It takes up more space on your hard drive, but it's worth it in case you lose.

Anyway, I wouldn't give up yet. You can try talking to the library guy or looking around.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Whats wrong with editing you save files. it work fine (if you know what your doing).
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2