Special Thanks to the Team...

Forum For Privateer Remake
BigVern
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Special Thanks to the Team...

Post by BigVern »

...from this old Space Cowboy.

The Wing Commander games including Privateer were virtually canon for me in the mid-1990's. My original Privateer, which was the CD version that also included Strike Commander, had long since been consigned to the dustbin after one too many Windows versions no longer ran the old DOS games.

I have many fond memories of Privateer in particular building up your ship and combat stats. Only Frontier Elite II offered similar gameplay though without the accompanying storyline. There's never really been anything since to compare with Privateer. Priv II was a bit too far away from the traditional WC universe and not without a few bugs. The "X" games while enjoyable are just a little bit tedious and the BBS system never generates any worthwhile mission. X3 is virtually unplayable unless you have a Silicon Graphics workstation. Freelancer is nice, but Man was not destined to fly via keyboard and mouse. Darkstar One looks quite promising and has crept up under the bar, but remains to be seen what the system demands and gameplay are really like.

So thanks again from this space veteran for the chance to turn the clock back and relive the glorious past.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

a new person. my day is complete. Welcome to the forum. Yes the game is had to beat.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2