Hello all! couple of Q's in one post.......

Forum For Privateer Remake
Mordred
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Hello all! couple of Q's in one post.......

Post by Mordred »

Hi, am new to forum and let me say thanks for an awesome effort bringing this great game back to us!! Since downloading it, I have to pry my fingers off my logitec wingman pad to go to work/bed lol! I need some help tho:
1. How to beat Palan 3?? I have tried all the tricks I have found, even the cheats which I don't use normally. The problem is it doesn't matter if i auto in to palan or afterburn in from a nav because the demons just magically appear around my ship at about 3000 distance from me. No flight in, just appears. So I am dead before I can do anything. Tried The centurian, Orion (my fav from the original), and galaxy (my new fav) but doesn't make a diff from them appearing like magic. Tried 5 wingmen, but they ignore them and attack me. Reloaded literally a hundred times before I gave up. Is it a bug? Do they sometimes have cloaking devices?

2. How do you edit the files? I tried the replace demon with talon trick, but the demans still showed! I replaced every instace of demon with talon! I used notepad btw. Also was fooling around and tried to give myself 1 mil credits but it only gave me 999995 and won't go above it. (just trying different things) Also I tried to give my galaxy lvl 9 reactor/shields and my shield indicator disapeared! and i had no shields at all too! So I guess I need cheat 101 because i am not good at it apparently lol. Any help is appreciated!
I am a pessimistic optimist: Good things happen, just to other people.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

I've posted some old thread that might help here :

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 9370#69370

There are usually 3 ship entries per vessel in the units.csv file. These define what upgrades you can buy, what your wingmen will come equipped with and what kind of the cargo fighters.

For the shields, you also need to upgrade the reactor capability but there are also campaign limitations that dictate what equipment you can use. For the main mission , Level 5 reactors & shields are possible.
Mordred
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Mordred »

Thanks for the reply. I reloaded the game on my puter, and the magic appearences ae gone now... I can engage them further away so no need to cheat this time lol! I LOVE this game.... even with that craziness! Kudos to the coders!!
I am a pessimistic optimist: Good things happen, just to other people.