SOftware /hardware problem!

Forum For Privateer Remake
marekpolanski
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

SOftware /hardware problem!

Post by marekpolanski »

Hi,
Im playing Privateer remake and have some problem. I have HP compaq nx9005 laptop (AMD 2000+, 700Mb RAm, Radeon g card). I use medium or low detail level, but when there is a asteroid filed on the view the game slows down terribly. It makes huge different when it comes to fiht with several ships, because I cant even track the target. Im playing polon mission and have to kill several centurions with mine fully ugraded centurion and I failed couple times because of this problem... BUt I can understand that - just too slow comuter. What I CANT undrestand is when i Installed game on desktop with GF 4 , 1GB ram , Game goes smoothly.. BUT , when I press TAB key afterburner is not responding, as well as mouse shoot ( as well as SPACE key) I cant shoot and speed up! The computer Im talking about has MSI KT4 main board, AMD Athlon 2000 processor 1GB RAM GF4 Graphic card..
Please help me guys!
Marek
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Welcome to the club.

That's a known problem with the "destructible asteroids".
There were instructions somewhere (wiki or forum, can't remember) to disable them, or reduce their appearance frequency, but in general that's a known problem which is hard to fix (without loosing destructible asteroids), and which is being worked on.

For now, besides looking for those instructions, all I can say is: live with it.
The missions, though a bit frustrating, are possible even with the asteroid problems. You'll eventually get used to it, and will (unconsciously) find ways to avoid looking at asteroid concentrations while fighting. I know, I went thorugh the same phase, and I was on a much dumber machine, which a much dumber graphics card.

Though it is probably smarter to just disable them.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
marekpolanski
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by marekpolanski »

Thnx for the answer
But I have no problem with that asteroids on desktop, only on laptop...
As I wrote, on my desktop everything is fine BUT the TAB key ( afterburner ) is not working and I cant shoot .. why?
Mordred
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Mordred »

The asteroids in beta, gamma are indestructible (cross missions), from what I could read here, all asteroids could be destroyed... just what I have noticed...ver 1.2
I am a pessimistic optimist: Good things happen, just to other people.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

If there are more than one astroid field they are made that way to save the cpu. Though i have found that one of two systems have more than one field but i can still be destroyed.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2