Galaxy Gunship

Forum For Privateer Remake
ThePretender
Explorer
Explorer

Galaxy Gunship

Post by ThePretender »

So I just finished the bonus campaign mission in Ragnarok, fighting Kilrathi and space communists. I had started with my usual ship (Stiletto with fusion cannons) but after spotting the Paradigm reloaded for a chance to try out my Galaxy against a cap ship (level 5 shields and reactor, fusion cannons and turrets, dual torpedo loadout). Had to fight through a pair of gothri right after jumping in then stilettos and dralthis flying together (ouch) but made it through. Finished off the Drayman in under a minute, then headed to the last nav point to find not just the Paradigm but two Kamehks (flying close enough together to cover each other). Tore through them, and made more money selling salvage and asteroids than I was paid for the mission. I thing my gunship experiment is a success (though I still love my stiletto to death, afterburn speed of 1650!).
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

The additional equipment made available right after the completion of the main storyline makes the Galaxy a formidable gun platform.

IsoMetal on the Hull and Armor makes it just as tough as the Orion, if not tougher. Level 5 reactor/Level 5 shields plus 25% faster shield regen add still another layer of protection.

The engine boost increases cruising speed from 250k to 350k and top afterburner speed from 750kps to 884kps.

Fusion guns on the hull and turrets make it big threat even to capital ships. You get a gunship with lots of protection and offensive power because every improvement just combines together so well on this ship.

Plus you make lots of money on trade runs, how can you go wrong ? :D

[ ps. they stole my Boosted Steltek gun :( ]
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Huh, MY galexy is superior. It only has level 1 reacter and sheilds, plasma guns and particle turruts.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Ok. i can't be bothered spending the money on a ship that can't get past three demons so i edited the .cvs files to make a TRUE Galaxy Gunshiptm

Team Fortress 2
Starship_Gunner
Explorer
Explorer

*.cvs TWEAKING

Post by Starship_Gunner »

Initially when i got hold of my first galaxy.blank it was really a blank ship. everything was mediocre, but it had potential. So after getting all the upgrades i could fit and find in Perry, I "tweaked" my galaxy.blank, modifying values in its *.cvs (it may sound redundant, but i backed up my files in case of SNAFU) adding a few more m/sec in afterburner, modifying the armor values x5 of what isometal cladding can give, hey i still want to see sparks fly off the hull ["Damn the asteroids! Full speed ahead!"] added zeroes on capacitors and reactors [I got the power!!] shields also got pimped up. [did i mention i loved to see sparks off my ship?] I launched out of Perry and started gobbling up Talons and dralthis [ i forgot to mention my cargo hold is now bigger than a Drayman's] turning them into wingmen or profit at whim. I made a killing running that ship until the isometal got thin enough that it hurt. I made port and repairs and guess what, after my galaxy got fixed it reverted to its Perry upgrade specs. It was nice but im off to tweak again.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

If you're going to cheat that much what's the point? Don't you like a challenge once in a while, so that when you win in the end it feels like you accomplished something?
cracken
Trader
Trader

Post by cracken »

csv = comma seperated values

cvs = concurrent version system

why must everyone get it wrong.

Also, why not just copy the manuverability stats from a talon to a paradigm, or vice versa.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Yeah, and why not just give Perry afterburners, T-Bomb-Turrets and pilot it thru Gemini like an insane chainsawed psycho?

I agree with anti-cheating. The variety of new ships in PU is more than enough for me. The clue is rebalancing, so new ships should be a match to existing ones. To what I've heard by now, with all the upgrades and new types, the talon can be considered as cannon fodder in any quality or quantity.

Still, cheating gives everyone a hint about where relevant values are situated in files. The next step could be modders :wink:
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Yeah, and why not just give Perry afterburners, T-Bomb-Turrets and pilot it thru Gemini like an insane chainsawed psycho?
NOW THAT'S an idea. Someone do that quick, please

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Oh, and I forgot the asteroid-gun. It is deadly when combined with kamekh-turrets.

Now back to basics.