Palan mission problem. No enemies to fight.

Forum For Privateer Remake
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Palan mission problem. No enemies to fight.

Post by Stomp357 »

I'm starting the first Palan mission. When I leave Bosara to Palan, the Demons show as enemies, but right away, they turn friendly, and disappear. I fly to all the Nav points, but find no enemy Demons, or even friendlies. I can't even start the mission. What's wrong?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Palan mission problem. No enemies to fight.

Post by z30 »

Stomp357 wrote:I'm starting the first Palan mission. When I leave Bosara to Palan, the Demons show as enemies, but right away, they turn friendly, and disappear. I fly to all the Nav points, but find no enemy Demons, or even friendlies. I can't even start the mission. What's wrong?
Could you tell us all the steps that you took after you met Lynn Murphy at the bar and took the first mission? Sometimes, you need to go directly to the mission point.

fyi, this happened to me too - but I got distracted fighting hostile ships the minute I lifted off the base and had to go back to repair.
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Palan mission problem. No enemies to fight.

Post by Stomp357 »

z30 wrote:
Stomp357 wrote:I'm starting the first Palan mission. When I leave Bosara to Palan, the Demons show as enemies, but right away, they turn friendly, and disappear. I fly to all the Nav points, but find no enemy Demons, or even friendlies. I can't even start the mission. What's wrong?
Could you tell us all the steps that you took after you met Lynn Murphy at the bar and took the first mission? Sometimes, you need to go directly to the mission point.

fyi, this happened to me too - but I got distracted fighting hostile ships the minute I lifted off the base and had to go back to repair.
I launch, and autopilot to Palan. It stops at the Nav 2 asteroid field, and I manually fly through it. Then once the autopilot light comes on, I engage it. Once I arrive at Palan, I hear the "enemy music", and red dots show on radar, but before I can even lockon, they turn friendly, and disappear. Then I wait, but none show up. I try other nav points, and returning to Palan, but no Demon ships.
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stomp357 »

Now, the demon stay enemy, but after I killed 2, one started running till it disapeared. I waited, but none came back. Then when I would auto to different points, the demon would be there, but would just run, and disapear again. It is way faster than my Centurion. Can't be caught.
I don't remember the original having these problems. VegaStrike engine doesn't seem to be a good match for this game.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

If you heavily damage a ship, it might run away. Sucks when it's faster than you. That behaviour was intentional (and can be turned off), but it generally isn't a problem. If you got to Palan before having serious issues, perhaps the match isn't as bad as you make out.

There is one limitation that comes into play with this engine though, that one cannot specify at what nav point a mission encounter is to occur. One can only specify the system. Thus, you can freely ignore whatever nav point Lynn says to go to, and fly around until you find the hostiles. That limitation will hopefully go away at some point.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

You lucky! when i did it i had all of them appear at once. ended up having to search for another ship that was better for it and found that Stilletto is good, and the Broadsword. only bad thing is its lack of AB. i tried editing it but i still would not work. which colomn do i have to edit?

A friend of mine downloaded Gemini Gold and when he loaded the game there was no ship on the pad and he could not click on any of the links. Is it a expansion pack or something like that?
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stomp357 »

I'm a Mercenary member as well as a Merchant. Would this be causing a problem? Maybe I need to run around killing Mercs, and become unfavorable with that faction. Would this help?
If hacking the game is my only recourse to remidy this, where do I get info. to do this? Thanks.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Stomp357 wrote:I'm a Mercenary member as well as a Merchant. Would this be causing a problem? Maybe I need to run around killing Mercs, and become unfavorable with that faction. Would this help?
If hacking the game is my only recourse to remidy this, where do I get info. to do this? Thanks.
Taunt the Demon pilot. I had this same problem in my souped up Galaxy, the Talon turned and ran. By stubbornly chasing him and throwing insults his way, the Talon kept turning back and bit by bit I gained on him.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Umm, just try shoting them. if you have trouble chasing them just get a stilleto. if you are wondering how to get one of them just think drayman.

Team Fortress 2
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stomp357 »

z30 wrote:
Stomp357 wrote:I'm a Mercenary member as well as a Merchant. Would this be causing a problem? Maybe I need to run around killing Mercs, and become unfavorable with that faction. Would this help?
Taunt the Demon pilot. I had this same problem in my souped up Galaxy, the Talon turned and ran. By stubbornly chasing him and throwing insults his way, the Talon kept turning back and bit by bit I gained on him.
I tried that, but it never seems to turn around long enough for me to gain on him. I don't knw, but it seems ths is a bug.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

like i said, get a Stilleto. if the two menson are too weak just put tachyons on. autotrackers help when bearing down at 1.4kps. and believe it or not you get less damage.

Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Is every body ignoring me?:( what about Gemini gold? like i said, get a Stilleto. if the two menson are too weak just put tachyons on. autotrackers help when bearing down at 1.4kps. and believe it or not you get less damage. And it is not that hard in a drayman.

Team Fortress 2