Bizarre bug on the catnip mission

Forum For Privateer Remake
Night10194
Explorer
Explorer

Bizarre bug on the catnip mission

Post by Night10194 »

I recently won the Catnip-to-Kilrah mission, and I suddenly found myself without a jump drive! Neither the new ship I purchased (Gothri) nor my old Centurian (which I pulled out of storage) had a jump-drive listed, and neither seem to jump at the jump point. Worse, I can't purchase one at the asteroid. Thinking to remedy this, I went back to an earlier saved game, right after receiving the mission. To my surprise, when I checked the ship dealer, I neither had a jump drive listed on my Centurion, nor could I purchase one! Oddly enough, though, I was still able to jump.

What the hell happened? And failing anything else, can anyone tell me how to make jump-drives available for purchase on the asteroid base? Maybe? Has this happened to anyone else?
Been flying in Wing Commander for 10 years now, and I'm convinced it's why I hate cats!
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Bizarre bug on the catnip mission

Post by z30 »

Night10194 wrote:I recently won the Catnip-to-Kilrah mission, and I suddenly found myself without a jump drive! Neither the new ship I purchased (Gothri) nor my old Centurian (which I pulled out of storage) had a jump-drive listed, and neither seem to jump at the jump point. Worse, I can't purchase one at the asteroid. Thinking to remedy this, I went back to an earlier saved game, right after receiving the mission. To my surprise, when I checked the ship dealer, I neither had a jump drive listed on my Centurion, nor could I purchase one! Oddly enough, though, I was still able to jump.

What the hell happened? And failing anything else, can anyone tell me how to make jump-drives available for purchase on the asteroid base? Maybe? Has this happened to anyone else?
There is a text file named master_parts_list.csv in the your Privateer main directory. You can open this up with Excel (don't save!). There should be an entry for the jump drive at row 71 or so, see if it's there.

As a last resort, try reinstalling Privateer Remake 1.2 . Save your saved games in the directory <Your Privateer Directory>/.privateer100/save somewhere else first then uninstall your current setup.

Hope it works

:idea:
Night10194
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Night10194 »

Once I see if Jump Drive's part listing is there, what do I do about it?
Been flying in Wing Commander for 10 years now, and I'm convinced it's why I hate cats!
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Night10194 wrote:Once I see if Jump Drive's part listing is there, what do I do about it?
If you see it there , that means the master parts database is intact - the problem is probably somewhere else in the game.

At this point I would recommend a complete re-installation , you might want to backup that entire privateer game directory somewhere else though and not just backup your saved games.
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

This problem occures sometimes. I've read about several different issues dealing with dissappearing upgrades and stuff - and experienced some myself. A messed up savegame is the most common bug - as far as I remember. You should avoid using just one save game, but use half a dozen or something you rotate through while saving. So you can prevent losing too much of already played missions. If this problem occurs with all savegames you can't do nothing else than what z30 advise you - complete re-install 'cause something within the general game files' messed up. If this problem starts occuring with every new savegame you've created after it's the same thing as mention one sentence above - games's fucked up and you'll have to re-install.
Although the current PR version is a very stable one there are still some problems which have to be fixed... to make the developers happy you could upload this savegame somewhere - as far as it is a problem there - so somebody might have a look at it.
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

rockstar wrote:This problem occures sometimes. I've read about several different issues dealing with dissappearing upgrades and stuff - and experienced some myself. A messed up savegame is the most common bug - as far as I remember. You should avoid using just one save game, but use half a dozen or something you rotate through while saving. So you can prevent losing too much of already played missions. somebody might have a look at it.
When I re-discovered this game I was unaware that there were 2 versions of Privateer (Vega engine). Had installed PV Gold and spammed these forums for a while trying to get the auto-turrets to work.

Some people have run into problems when they installed the Remake over the PVGold.