Corrupted save files

Forum For Privateer Remake
M@ni@c
Explorer
Explorer

Corrupted save files

Post by M@ni@c »

Hi I'm new to this forum. :) I want to say: great job on Privateer Remake!!!!! :D
There's one thing that's really frustrating though, and one which spawns many threads: save files get corrupted all the time. :(
My personal experience includes my armour completely disappearing and unable to replace it, my shields being permanently reduced to half strength, etc. Fortunately I've read in some thread that you can fix your ship by copying a csv file from a previous save in the serialized_xml folder. Perhaps a thread could be topped with this hint, as the problem occurs so often?

I've also run in some other problems though that don't fit in the corrupted ship category.
1. My currently running missions sometimes disappear after reloading a save.
2. If I die, reload a previous save and then launch from whatever facility or planet I was at, I don't start near that place, but rather at the point in space where I died.
3. Something more serious: after completing the Tayla missions I bought a Talon. Reloading that save a while later, turned out that my Talon had disappeared. :(

Now I'm wondering, is it possible - and if so, how - to edit some files to bring back my Talon, or fix these other problems? Also, is it necessary to own other ships such as the Talon to complete the campaigns, or are they rather there just for fun and a different experience, and can everything be perfectly completed with one ship, my good old Centurion?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sometimes I wonder which version you guys are playing. The last version is 1.2 and the bugs you describe, don't happen to me in this version. I just checked in the internet, and as it seems, a lot of webpages still offer version 1.0.
Be sure you play version 1.2. you can download the full zip or a patch here.
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
M@ni@c
Explorer
Explorer

Post by M@ni@c »

I'm playing version 1.2