Mod-Download-Thread (Sharing is a good thing... ;) )

Forum For Privateer Remake
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Mod-Download-Thread (Sharing is a good thing... ;) )

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If you got personal files like textures, personalized units.cvs files or similar stuff, which you want to share with other users, upload them in this thread and add a little description.
Please just one file/project in every post.

You got questions or suggestions about files posted here? Post them here!

Thanks to NoRespect for the good idea.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrigunX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by TrigunX »

just to save others time (if you like the Centurion as i do)

here is the body without the shark mouth on the bottom of the ship
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrigunX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by TrigunX »

i remade a Demon Texture as well hope you all like it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

Not too bad, but I warn you that the Demon I'm texturing will blow that right outta the water ;)
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
TrigunX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by TrigunX »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:Not too bad, but I warn you that the Demon I'm texturing will blow that right outta the water ;)

cant wait to see it ^^
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Multiple textures per ship is a good thing for in-game variety - plus think paint jobs & factions etc.
TrigunX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by TrigunX »

i am gonna try for a A6M Zero style paint job for the demon next (working on a orion texture now)
the demon kinda reminds me of a Zero ( good attack / lack of def)

not to sure how its gonna look but i may as well try

Edit :before i forget is ther a reflection map for the demon in the game
im not to big on having mat finish for the demon
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I hoped we could keep this a pure file archive. Can we move future discussions about posted material to this thread?

Sorry for jerking around... ;)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Privateer universe with modified faction_ships & variant

Post by z30 »

In this parallel PR universe, the ff. ship variants exist :

* Tarsus Mk2 - Tarsus with a belly turret, level 2 shields and 750k top speed. Excellent intermediate trade ship betwen the stock Tarsus & the Orion Mk2

* Orion Mk2 - dual missile launchers & heavy gun mount in hull. Roof turret right in front of antenna, no rear turret. Level 4 shields & reactor tops (for PR, in RF it's level 6) but 15% boost in forward acceleration & 7 second jump period (normal is 10).

100 ton cargo hold, this is a heavy merchanter and more successful in that role than the original Orion as a hunter

* Kukhri - modified Gladius with wingtip guns moved to Hull and HS missile mounts moved to wings. 110kph top speed, 10 round Proton torpedo launcher.

* Sparrowhawk - modified Talon with level 2 shields & dual 2 round missile launchers. Not pilotable, meant to be used as AI wingmen and/or as cargo fighters

If you just wish to use these ships then first backup your master_parts_list.csv & units.csv. Unzip the attached file to a temporary directory and copy over the master_parts_list.csv & units.csv contained inside to the appropriate folders :

master_parts_list.csv --> <your main PR1.2 directory>
units.csv --> <your main PR1.2 directory>/<units subdirectory>

You may have to start/load a New Game to avoid incompatibilities with older saved games. I recommend you backup the latter just in case.

The modifed faction_ships.py will give you the ff :

* slightly higher ship generation for merchanters, they will also travel in large packs

* militia ship generation is doubled

* New Constantinople is now both a merchant & militia center. It will produce both random AI merchanters & militia fighters

* TarsusMk2, OrionMk2, Sparrowhawk & Kukhri will appear as randomly generated ships in the PR universe

faction_ships.py --> <your PR main directory>/<modules directory>

Net effect of this is the transformation of merchant/militia centers into strongholds. Troy,Pyrenees , NewCon will be safer to travel in due to more friendly ships.

The modified wingmen.py cuts the mission wingman fee to 1/3. The mission computer will still display the original (high) price but your wingmen (when you meet them) will charge far less.

wingmen.py --> <your PR main directory>/<modules directory>

The variant ships are tougher than your typical wingmen/cargo fighters, the Sparrowhawk & Kukhri are probably the best due to their lower cargo hold volumes.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Some of these exist in WCU, the turreted Tarsus for example (some pirates use it, the turret is very good for tractoring in).

Feel free to use it, eh!
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

I made new textures based on the original ones (kudos to the artist) for the Centurion :

winter camo

Besides the basic color I changed or added some details like grids, hatches or little warning signs like those on military aircrafts.

Unfortunately I'm still struggling with mesher so I can't make ppl and damage maps yet.

Just rename and copy the following files from either the winter camo or woodland camo into your /units/centurion directory:

privateer_body.jpg
privateer_engines.jpg
privateer_wings.jpg

All other Centurions in the game flown by the AI keep their old color, unless you replace the original files. If you swap ships and you take the Centurion from your fleet pool, it still has the default colors. Reload after self destruction to see the privateer_xxx textures. Sometimes, very seldom, it might be necessary to restart the game when new and old textures are mixed.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

There's also

woodland camo

Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Looks really nice! Hell, it looks awesome!

Would you consider offering your artwork for the mod download page (currently www.dilloh.keepfree.de)?
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

Of course. :)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

That's great. I'll contact you for further details as soon as the page is in an adequate stadium. For so long, feel free to create more such great stuff 8)
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

I made some new crosshairs. I was tired of that green thingy. :wink:
Below is the zip containig each crosshair as a seperate file.
Replacement is easy. Just rename a file to crosshair.png and overwrite the crosshair.png in the cockpits folder of the ship you want to give a new crosshair. Ships can be equipped with individual crosshairs of course.
The preview pics are enlarged and therefore somehow blurry. In game the graphic looks a little better.
Dont mess around with graphics or file format unless you know what to do with the alpha channel. I know what I'm talking about, because it took me some time to figure out what that darn alpha channel is and what it does. :x
I rushed through the last one, the plain white cross, in a few minutes to get the full 9. But maybe there are some hardcore old school retro gamers who want to aim like back in the early nineties. :lol:
I checked them all ingame, but you never know...
So please let me know if any of the crosshairs isn't working correctly and I'll fix it.

Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

...got them! :wink:
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

They look great.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

Having 2 video displays like in the Orion or Galxy is a useful thing. But I found it annoying, when, by example, changing from objectives to cargo manifest, my nav or target disappears, when hitting nav again, it appears in the opposite screen etc. Usually not a big thing, but when in a difficult fight, losing the target isn't fun.
I made some minor changes in the cockpit.cpt and now nav and target are always displayed on the right while all the other stuff appears only on the left one. So I can browse through all modes w/o losing my target or navpoint.
Those who might find it useful can change displays very easy - of course this makes sense only for ships with 2 displays:
In the cockpit.cpt is an entry for the VDU. Ignore all settings except type="..."
These are: Objectives Weapon View Damage Manifest COMM TargetManifest
Simply delete the entry you don't want in a certain VDU. By example: to have only weapons and demage in the left monitor (usually the VDU with a negative xcent position and the lvdu.spr) just delete anything else behind type=".

The file below contains the cockpit.cpt for the Galaxy and Orion with a permanent nav or target (if available) on the right VDU only.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Groovy, i feel the same way about losing nav/target.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Sounds useful - I also don't like it when the wrong display voids. That's some cool stuff, will try it out as soon as I got some time!
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Sligor wrote:Having 2 video displays like in the Orion or Galxy is a useful thing. But I found it annoying, when, by example, changing from objectives to cargo manifest, my nav or target disappears, when hitting nav again, it appears in the opposite screen etc. Usually not a big thing, but when in a difficult fight, losing the target isn't fun.
I made some minor changes in the cockpit.cpt and now nav and target are always displayed on the right while all the other stuff appears only on the left one. So I can browse through all modes w/o losing my target or navpoint.
Those who might find it useful can change displays very easy - of course this makes sense only for ships with 2 displays:
In the cockpit.cpt is an entry for the VDU. Ignore all settings except type="..."
These are: Objectives Weapon View Damage Manifest COMM TargetManifest
Simply delete the entry you don't want in a certain VDU. By example: to have only weapons and demage in the left monitor (usually the VDU with a negative xcent position and the lvdu.spr) just delete anything else behind type=".

The file below contains the cockpit.cpt for the Galaxy and Orion with a permanent nav or target (if available) on the right VDU only.
Thank you - that does seem useful :)
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

And Thankyou again. That's just the thing I was wondering about.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

You're welcome guys :D
Shoot
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Privateer universe with modified faction_ships & var

Post by Shoot »

z30 wrote:In this parallel PR universe, the ff. ship variants exist :

* Tarsus Mk2 - Tarsus with a belly turret, level 2 shields and 750k top speed. Excellent intermediate trade ship betwen the stock Tarsus & the Orion Mk2

* Orion Mk2 - dual missile launchers & heavy gun mount in hull. Roof turret right in front of antenna, no rear turret. Level 4 shields & reactor tops (for PR, in RF it's level 6) but 15% boost in forward acceleration & 7 second jump period (normal is 10).

< snip >
How do we go about downloading this? I tried clicking the download box and get some bad page.