Unlocking ships

Forum For Privateer Remake
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Unlocking ships

Post by ijuin »

Where in the code does it set when various ships get unlocked in the Steltek Gun campaign? I would like to make the Demon and Drayman available earlier than the default . . .
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Re: Unlocking ships

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ijuin wrote:Where in the code does it set when various ships get unlocked in the Steltek Gun campaign? I would like to make the Demon and Drayman available earlier than the default . . .
IIRC after the PR campaign, simply the master_parts_list.cvs changes. (It contains all items available. If you want certain things available earlier you have to put the into master_parts. Yet I don't know what will appen when RF is triggered...

Good luck!
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

I don't mean making RF items available in the Steltek Gun Campaign. What I mean is this: normally you can not buy the Demon until you have completed the Palan series in the Steltek Gun Campaign. What do I need to alter to make it available earler than that?
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

You could edit your save to add it in.
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
TBwaar
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TBwaar »

There's also a little bug you can abuse, assuming you already have a saved game that's farther along (done with the PR campaign at least). Load that game first. That will unlock all the ships you get from the PR campaign. As long as vegastrike is loaded up, they will stay unlocked regardless of which game you load. Actually you just need a game that's done with the palan missions. Load it up. Then load the game you want to buy the demon in.

You can use this bug to buy RF equipment before even starting the PR campaign, again assuming you have already beaten it on another save.