how to get the steltek fighter & drone without hacks

Forum For Privateer Remake
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Well I got the Steltek Ships. You did not say anything about it being bad for your nerves. :D

I had to try 22 times to get the Fighter, though the drone came to attack me as soon as I left Perry.

If you jump back to Perry straight away.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
steltekwarrior
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by steltekwarrior »

yes, it can be nerve wracking... it only took me about 15 tries but i admit i got pretty lucky. Only thing is that now youll feel like youre invincible, and the game sorta loses meeting after you fly that ship.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Yes the game does lose it's meaning. Though it does come handy on the really hard missions or when you are being attacked by 60 Talons.

As I was Saying if you jump back to Perry the auto jump doesn't came and the Fighter follows you back so youcan trackor it up. just go and abort the missin and see Whats His Name agian! :D

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

What about some additional BOOSTED STELTEK GUNS, even in RF?

Post by Dilloh »

Okay folks, you all got your Steltek Drones and Fighters, now I'll show you something really HOT.

I suppose I am the first one to figure this out. If not, I apologize. Thanx to steltekwarrior for his cool tractor hint.

Ever wondered how to get multiple boosted Steltek Guns onto a standard Fighter? As many as you want?

You will need a fighter with at least 4 possibilities to mount guns. A Demon or Centurion will do.

This is how it works. Do as steltekwarrior told, buy a drayman an tractor the fighter (it is the key to your guns). Tractor the Drone also if you want, the drayman has enough cargo space for both. BTW, if you have problems in capturing the fighter:

1.) Use Autotracking on your Tractor Beams
2.) When you enter Nitir, lock the Fighter, hit Tractors, then Auto. The Drayman will reangle its "nose" directly towards the Fighter. Should me no problem to get it in.

After you tractored at least the fighter, fly to any base with a ship dealer. Sell the ships in the commodity exchange and buy them back in the ship dealer. You own them now without spending your drayman on it. Visit Terell.

Now take any ship and fly to Jolson. You can land, but RF won't start. I suppose it is because you own too many Steltek Guns in your Fleet.

SAVE NOW! Don't save between the following steps or it won't work!

At Jolson, go to the Ship Dealer and switch to the fighter. Sell all of it's Steltek Guns. They will appear in the dealers upgrades. Now launch with your disarmed fighter, fly into docking range with the planet and - eject (CTRL+E). Yes, eject! In your rescue pod, fly back to the planet. If you have the drone, repeat (drone's guns don't appear in the upgrades, so no need to sell it). Afterwards, switch back to your Drayman and launch. The abandoned fighters still orbit Jolson. Tractor them in and dock with Jolson again. Sell the Stelteks and buy them back using the Ship Dealer.

By now, you should have three boosted Guns at the upgrades. Switch to your Centurion (or Demon, Gladius, Stiletto,...) and mount the boosted guns. This ship should also be equipped with the gun you got at Delta Prime Derelict Station. You can do this again by selling and buying back if necessary. Anyway, you should have all of your four green guns on your ship by now.

Launch and land on Jolson. RF will start. The game will take away two of your four guns. When I tried it, it took away two boosted guns.

NOW sell the remaining guns and switch to the Ship you want to have equipped your BOOSTED STELTEK GUNS with, and buy them back from the dealers upgrades. You'll see: Alien guns are not expensive at all. You got your first boosted gun by now.

Want more? Then switch to your Steltek Fighter using MyFleet. Remember, you sold its guns in the upgrade. But now you can see that at the time you tractored it back in and bought it back, it came back FULLY EQUIPPED with three guns.

SAVE NOW!!!!!

And repeat as often as you want! RF is running right now, so any repeat will bring you three steltek guns! Selling the fighter's guns, launching in the fighter, ejecting, landing, switching to drayman or paradigm, tractoring fighter back in, selling it, buying it back into MyFleet. That's how you duplicate your boosted guns!

NOTE: I tried this in PR 1.2, don't know if it works in other versions or not. Always remember. If you save in between the steps and load again, the ship dealer will loose the guns!

Write comments if you want. I'm a newbie in this forum so I hope you are all impressed too... :D Even you, steltekwarrior!!!! :lol:
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

Getting multiple BoostedStelteks (and the Fighter itself) is a lot easier than that.

1. Acquire the Fighter.
2. Sell it at the Commodity Exchange.
3. Buy it for your fleet from the "Ships" screen.

For the guns:
1. Strip off the guns.
2. Sell it from your fleet.
3. Buy it again. (It doesn't leave the Ships screen after you buy it, and you get a new one every time.)
4. Repeat.

You can also buy it back from the Exchange and do this again any time.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Okay, that's an easier way. I apologize. I think this even works when you're trying to start RF. "No skin off my nose", to quote Murphy.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

-Removed Post-
Last edited by micheal_andreas_stahl on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

- Removed Post -
Bmager
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Bmager »

Why do you guys all sell off the guns to put onto the other ships??? I tried the same thing at first because the speed is terrible on the steltek fighter, :idea: but you can put up to 16 multiple speed enhancers on it. I've been testing it out this today, 14 makes it go over 3000 kps. Pretty much the best speed/shields/guns in the game :D... Don't know how many people know about this yet... but It's alot of fun
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I think that basically everybody knows about the Steltek Scout and Drone.

You don't have to buy 16 speed enhancers. Just open the units.csv in the Units folder of your main Privateer folder and scroll across until you come across the column Afterburner_Speed_Governor, selected column so you don't lose it. Now scroll down to Steltek fighter/Scout row. select the box and type in 600. save and exit. Open PR and select your Steltek fighter/scout. It should have a AB speed of 600 kps.

Team Fortress 2
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

I tried the Steltek fighter/drone grab today and found it a lot easier than the OP instructions. In fact, I managed to end up with two Steltek drones. First, I went to a save just before I took the final mission from Terrell, switched to my drayman, and took the mission. As soon as I took off, the drone attacked me.....so I grabbed it, landed, sold, bought it, and switched back to my drayman. Now I had the drone in my fleet.

I kind of wondered what would happened next. I checked in with Tyrell, but found I had not completed the mission so I jumped to Nitir and grabbed the Steltek fighter (the instructions in this thread for positioning oneself on jumping were very helpful). Two dralthi were also there and were attacking me, but after the cutscene I auto-jumped to BP Tango.....and found another drone awaiting me. I grabbed it, let my shields recharge, and jumped back to Nitir.....only to encounter the two Dralthi. So I launched the drone and the Steltek fighter and had them engage the Kilrathi. After one Dralthi was killed I reeled in the Steltek fighter and left the drone to deal with the other while I headed for the jump-point (I had damage and was only making about 103). Just prior to jumping, I ordered the drone to "form on me."

When I got back to Perry the drone was nowhere around, but what did I care....I already had a drone. The prize was the fighter which I had in my hold. I landed, sold and bought back the fighter....and discovered that I now had TWO drones in my fleet. I have no idea what happened here. I'd gotten the animation showing the Steltek hauling the derelict away with their fighter (must've been their spare :lol: ) so I knew I'd successfully finished the plotline. Spoke to Tyrell, went to the ship dealer and bought the Paradigm and a few other ships I didn't have (had something like 32 mil credits on this save from capturing/selling Kilrathi ships so money was no problem).

I've already finished RF and the bonus story-line (couple of months ago), but I think I'll replay them quick-and-dirty fast using the Steltek fighter. Or I could use my Centurion with boosted Steltek guns (already sold/bought the Steltek a couple of times to get a supply of those. Once again, this thread provided useful info on how to do that).

P.S: Any word on when the next version of PU is going to be released?