Guns stopped workin??

Forum For Privateer Remake
sozo
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Guns stopped workin??

Post by sozo »

Hello

I am well into the game with a nice Orion, I have 2 Neutron guns in front and a turret in back. Suddenly my Neutron front guns stopped working?? I tried switching one out w/ a partical canon and still nothing. I unpluged my joy stick and used the space bar, still nothing.

I tried to start a new game and my front Laser fired just fine, so its in the game ? Is this a bug in it?

... can anyone please help me and tell me how to get my guns to work again?

Thanks in advance.
Brenda / sozo
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

Actually I have no idea how to help you, sorry. I can tell that it IS a bug for sure, but that's all :\
When it's a known bug - I guess it is - here are lot of people around knowing what to do. So keep easy, everything's still in development and the next realease is kinda "near".

I had a similar problem with the afterburner sometimes... once with PR and much too often with WCU. After jumping or launching it does not want to work anymore. Wether reloading savegame nor game restart (and reloading last savegame) worked for me - seemed like something within the savegame was fucked up. New game and another savegame works...
As this happened more often to me in WCU I "reinstalled" the devel and started a new game. At least the bug does not appear after every tenth launch or jump, so I would guess the game gets screwed somewhere when playing a longer period. But I could not imagine why or where, 'cause as far I know there's only changing data written in the savegame files.

if (rockstar = code_monkey)

{give helpful_answer};

if else

{talk weird_bullshit};

end if;
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
sozo
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by sozo »

Thank you Rockstar, I feel relieved. Maybe I'll start again and do a triple save :)

They went out right after I got pretty beat up fighthing off a bunch of Retros, maybe my repair drode screwed up. Maybe the Retros put a curse on me.

I'll keep a look out for a "cure".

Thanks again!
"Happy Hunting"
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

maybe your reactor died? how much energy do you have?
can you sell and buy guns in the weapons screen? guns can get blown off you know
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
sozo
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by sozo »

I tried to replace my guns, I sold the Neutrons and got Partical Canons and still nothing. I dont have a reactor and when I try to buy a repair it says there is no damage to my ship.

I have just started over from a much earlier save in the game so its not too much of a lost!

I'm just thrilled to be able to pay it again, Its been so many years since I had the original verson!

Thanks for your suggestion.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

try selling somethign and buying it, then the reactor

turns out your reactor got blown out from under you--you need to get a whole new one to get guns working again---destroyed totally---as in no repair
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Imasock
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by Imasock »

Maybe you accidentally switched your guns off by pushing G? In the original Privateer, and in the remake, you could cycle through guns to turn them on and off, certain ones on, etc.

Actually, if I remember correctly, you had to turn your guns on when you started a new game in the original.
Rogueci5
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rogueci5 »

hellcatv wrote:maybe your reactor died? how much energy do you have?
My brand new Orion has teh same problem, but I noticed that after using the afterburn to run like a coward and taking a few shots in the bum, that I had zero energy and no guns worked.

I think I broke it :(

So as above I think my Reactor is DOA, but very annoying when it happened :P I was about to mix it up with a retro and all I could do was think WTF wheers my guns?????
sozo
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by sozo »

Thanks HellCatv, it was the reactor, I didnt think it was because I still was getting a reading, but must not have been enough power.

I'm back to my old game save and doing fine now !!

Thanks again to everyone who helped!!