Seller's missile inventory

Forum For Privateer Remake
Az
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Seller's missile inventory

Post by Az »

OK I did a quick search to see if anyone else has suggested this and didn't see anything, so maybe I'm the only one who minds this. Then again, maybe not.

Please stop the number of missiles stocked by bases from varying! The last thing you need when you dock at a base and accept a mission is to find they only have 3 heatseekers, 6 IRs and 9 FFs, for example. Since you can only whack one kind of missile in each rack, not being able to fill them is frustrating.

I don't remember being similarly frustrated at the original - but then it was a long time ago I played it I suppose :P
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

You remember correctly, missile supply was unlimited in the original. I rather like having it be finite here, after several battles and reloads the supply would become scarce, after all you aren't the only one who buys missiles (fictionally speaking, the AI doesn't actually buy them in game). It's certainly possible the numbers are too low to begin with though.

What's the general opinion here?
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

i think it's fine, there's usually imense amounts of DF and Proton - more than i could use in one visit to a system. and if not its because it's some little place somewhere that you dont expect to be well kitted out with weapons of war, only really enough for replenisments whilst 'in the field' and there's usually enough FF, HS etc in the bigger places too.

i think one should always be prepared, and make the most of visits to Perry, New Detroit, New Constantinople and also not to rely too heavily on missiles. i think they should be more expensive also, they barely even make a dent in the finances at any point, for saying theyre so effective they should be a bit more trouble to get hold of
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Good point.. two IFF missiles take out a talon with very little effort. Makes sense to have them be rather rare, though their price should reflect that rarity ;)

Missiles will become a bit more of an expense once missile launchers are implemented (soon), though that will be a one-time expense only..
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Missile should stay as they are I think. Though i never go to any of the main places. Also making the price very according to how many are at the base too. It just makes it more realistic.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

You can always do the old save-and-reload. Buy all the FF missiles in stock, save, reload the save, and the missiles will be restocked. ^_^
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.