Some things I think need to be mentioned

Forum For Privateer Remake
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Some things I think need to be mentioned

Post by Draken Stark »

I personally use the original way of flying in Privateer (the inv Mouse Control). I think that it's a little too sensitive or too difficult to have the ship go straight. :idea: Maybe you could make it where if the cursor is at least 3 pixels away from the middle of the redicule that the ship moves straight. :)

The setup program in the /bin folder doesn't run through the launcher on my comp. It just opens what looks like a command prompt window and closes. :?

I've noticed that you have all the secret nav points unmarked or unpathed. I think it's a good idea, but I also think that if a player visits them at least once that it should show up on the nav comp. :o

When I used the keyboard temp. I noticed that ships built inersha too easily when turning. :?

Has anyone noticed the "hidden" astroid yet? :D I saw it and wondered if anyone knew if it was in the original. So I checked it out and couldn't find anything other than a astroid field in the middle of the system while I jumped to the other side of the system. :(

I'd also like to point out that I think that like in the original, "jump stops" shouldn't me listed in the nav comp.

What ever happened to missle launchers and torpedo launchers, or what's wrong with having to buy them?

I know that the original only had one torpedo, but can't we add some different kinds? Maybe a homing one that's does moderate damage.

I bought a centurian for my fleet through the ship upgrade menu and had the centurian I had, with all its parts, replaced with the new "striped" centurian, all without compensation. :cry:

Now aside from all that, Thanks again for a great game! :D
Last edited by Draken Stark on Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Some things I think need to be mentioned

Post by z30 »

Draken Stark wrote:
I bought a centurian for my fleet through the ship upgrade menu and had the centurian I had, with all its parts, replaced with the new "striped" centurian, all without compensation. :cry:

Now aside from all that, Thanks again for a great game! :D
This bugged me too. You have to sell off all ship parts from your old ship one by one leaving nothing before you trade it in for the new ship.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Well I read that you could launch ships from the cargo bay of your ships, but I found that you couldn't do that. So I thought that maybe I could have one centurian for blow things to heck and another for hunting merchants down and stealing their cargo.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Not really possible to own more than one of the same ship ATM, due to how the savegame files are organized. This could be a good thing to fix, would require some thought and code changes.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to hear about the other things I mentioned. Any takes please?
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

I'd also like to point out that I think that like in the original, "jump stops" shouldn't me listed in the nav comp.
Not sure what you mean. Jump stops?
What ever happened to missle launchers and torpedo launchers, or what's wrong with having to buy them?
As with most things that were left it, they were left out cause we couldn't think of a good way to put them in. Someone finally did think of a good way, and now they are in, as you'll see in the next release.
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

Will there be a way to equip ships that would normally have single-missile hardpoints with launchers? The fact that you can't in 1.2 is a large part of why I don't use the Confed or Militia ships; the others are far deadlier because of their much larger missile payload.
JonathanD
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by JonathanD »

It's kinda silly that the tarsus can carry 20 missles when the broadsword can only carry a handful :p
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Good, looking forward to those Launchers.
Not sure what you mean. Jump stops?
What I ment was like in the original Privateer, while you were jumping to the pirate base in Pentinville (or something like that). You'd make a stop while using autopilot to get to the base before you're even close to the astroid field (so after you used autopilot you'd end up using it again in a place that is not listed in the nav map in empty space.).
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

As I recall, there was a hidden nav point in that system, and you would only stop if hostiles spawned there.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

I've stopped there repeatedly, even when there are only friendly Orion Merchants.