Afterburner on Broadsword ?

Forum For Privateer Remake
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

I'm quite sure this will work, z30. But I posted in order to ask for a possible fix of this for the default version. It's just confusing having about a dozen flyable ships and suddenly there is one which can't be equipped with an AB altough it's a military attack ship.
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

Besides adding the afterburner in, you also have to set the afterburner speed. For gameplay balance, I would reccommend 600 kps (same as the Tarsus), although 700 kps might be plausible as well.
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

ijuin wrote:Besides adding the afterburner in, you also have to set the afterburner speed. For gameplay balance, I would reccommend 600 kps (same as the Tarsus), although 700 kps might be plausible as well.
Thanks for the tip! I think 600 would be the better speed if only to preserve the Broadsword's flavor despite the afterburner enhancement.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

I tried out the Broadsword with the afterburner. My take on this craft is that it doesn't have much of a place in Privateer where encounters with capital ships are rare.

It's not much of a merchant ship or a fighter, in WCU though it definitely has a place if only for that large torpedo load.

The lack of a built in reactor or the capability to add one plus the general sluggishness make it a sitting target for Talons, I can understand though why someone would use this to take out a base station :D