Bases – Sharp Filtered Bases
Video – Extreme
Res – 1024-768
PPL – RPPL
Color – 32bit Color Full
Mouse – No Mouse
Font – Times
Joystick – 2 Axis

Nostalgia - I appreciate the fact that some things were changed to try and put a more nostalgic feel to the game. While I would consider the nostalgia effect a very important part of the remake, there are some things that I liked in 1.0 that were different from the original that I liked better. Better and does not effect the overall Theme and feel of Privateer. For example:

- Target Display: Looks like the old privateer. OK… but I loved the graphic display models of the ships and bases in 1.0. Very slick.

- Crosshair for the Navpoint: While it looks like the original, I didn’t really like it in the original =P

- Docking Brackets: I liked that addition. I feel like it could have been part of the original.

Performance – The overall performance of the game seemed much better. Load times seemed shorter.

Sound – Huge improvement. In 1.0 I found that at times the background music would drown out the voices or the voices would be so low that I would have to crank my volume just to barely hear them. Then I would forget, blast of the planet and get deafened… and get dirty looks from the wifey. That seems to be resolved in 1.1. Very nice =)

Graphics – Seem cleaner.

The rest of my comments I will list in the order I encountered them while playing.

Bar Missions – You can only take Bar missions (Bounty Hunter, Merchant, Confed Officer) If you currently have no missions. Since you can effectively have 3 missions at the same time could this be fixed? Or is there a specific reason the Bar missions can only be taken if you have no missions?

Iron Ore/ Tungsten Ore – I noticed these new products. Are they included because the ore can be mined from asteroids? Just curious.

Talon Ships - seemed a little tougher on my first couple of missions with the Tarsus. Missles seemed more effective against them though. The Talon ships also seemed to fly more appropriately and less erratic.

I purchased Tungsten Armor and Hull for my Tarsus. On the first mission I took hull damage while my armor took no damage. It corrected after I repaired and acted normal from that point forward.

Can the Asteroid Bases and Refinery Bases include a name during Patrol Missions? Currently It says Merchants Mining Base instead of Achilles Merchant Mining Base or Achilles Mining Base. Confeds Refinery instead of Liverpool Refinery.

In the beginning all of the cargo missions are out of system. It would be nice to have a few cargo missions for 1.5 – 2k creds between the mining bases and Helen. I would say though to never have the in-system runs to be more than 1.5 – 2k creds.

A large number of cargo missions (sometimes more than half) seemed to be transporting contraband. These missions were from the mission computer and the Merchants Guild. I would think these avenues are monitored somewhat by confed. I think that you should only get contraband runs from a Bar Mission, Story Mission or Pirate bases.

Afterburners on the Tarsus seemed to drain the energy VERY quickly. I was also only able to put a reactor 1 on the Tarsus. I think in the original Righteous Fire when the extra upgrades came out you could upgrade the Tarsus to level 3 reactor… only being able to put on a level 1 reactor… ugh… well you usually don’t keep the Space Winnebago for long anyway. Afterburners with reactor 1 lasts for 7 seconds… and forget about using guns… even lasers.

After “AUTOâ€

Re: First Report

Post by Guest »

cappyra wrote:- Crosshair for the Navpoint: While it looks like the original, I didn’t really like it in the original =P
Yeah, me neither. But it's all I had to draw. Can you think of something better?
JKeefe
Hunter
Hunter

Post by JKeefe »

Doh. That was me^^^

Post by Guest »

I'll give it some thought. Maybe a cross but smaller... Was it different in 1.0 I'll have to go back and look.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

cappyra wrote:- Crosshair for the Navpoint: While it looks like the original, I didn’t really like it in the original =P
Do you mean the image for Nav X that shows up on the MFD or the cross that shows up for all nav points on the HUD?

The new style asteroids shouldn't be spinning faster than the old, they should be comparable. Can work on that. In the meantime you can get the old asteroids back either by selecting a lower detail level or editing your config file.

I don't think there are ever in system cargo missions.
JKeefe
Hunter
Hunter

Post by JKeefe »

Anonymous wrote:I'll give it some thought. Maybe a cross but smaller... Was it different in 1.0 I'll have to go back and look.
I drew all new MFD targetting images for 1.1. While the 1.0 MFD image probably looks better when looking at it alone, it doens't fit the style of the rest of the images.

If you're talking about the cross on the HUD, though, I didn't do that.
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

MamiyaOtaru wrote:I don't think there are ever in system cargo missions.
I saw one ONCE in the original Privateer, while I was still in Troy.