Don't know what the sub. or topic should be...

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
ShlizamelHyena
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Don't know what the sub. or topic should be...

Post by ShlizamelHyena »

Erm...Does anyone have a VS 0.4.3 ship modification program,or some programming tips?
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

move tp "Contributor Help & Internal How-Tos"
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

There are a lot of utilities around to assist with making or modifying ships.

If you want to change meshes, the mesher utility can change mesh files into a standard 3d format.

units.csv holds all unit information. It can be edited with a standard CSV editor like OpenOffice (Microsoft Office has some bugs that apparently truncate some cells, or so I have heard.)

There's also lots of programming work that can be done. In the realm of C++, there's networking support that still needs improvement from someone familiar with C++. There are also python modules that can be improved. I believe there's some java code for campaign editors too.

Maybe you could be more specific about what sort of projects or modifications you are interested in?
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Modification of what? The art? The game stats? Your own ship?

Different bits need different advice :-)

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
ShlizamelHyena
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by ShlizamelHyena »

Well,i just want some type of interface that allows me to modify my profile.Y`know, add credits,modify ships, that stuff.
*coughthatswhatimeacoughntcough* :lol:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@ShlizamelHyena the simple one hack your cash just open your save game file with a text editor (wordpad,gedit,kwrite) your bank balance is the number between "^" at the beginning of the file.hacking ship stats is a bit trickier the relevant files are csv and kinda tedious to work with.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2