Cockpits and Text...

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
Paslowo
Mercenary
Mercenary

Cockpits and Text...

Post by Paslowo »

1. If I wanted to make a 3D Cockpit for my ships.... would I have to do the front and side parts of the interior cockpit only or is modeling the entire cockpit with top, bottom, front, back, and side views of the cockpit possible? Including the seat.

2. Would having fixed width text possible or better yet, custom fonts(in a certain format) in vegatrike be possible when it comes to different cockpits?

Sorry for posting less detailed question but it's getting late and I gotta goto bed.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

methinks (i'm not the one to ask) that only the front and side would be required. The seat however would be useful for future implementation of video communication screens. Might be useful. :)
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

well, in the near (medium) future we'll want full 3d cockpits for you to "look" around ... so a proper model of everything in the cockpit will be best. Otherwise we currently just support front/left/right/back

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso