Designing weapons?

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.

Designing weapons?

Post by Guest »

I am using windows XP and my game is running great and i really am enjoying it, but i would like to be able to destroy capital ships with my goddard. I cannot open any of the config files, and when i do an online search to find what program I need to open the files, i get nothing. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in these forums, but I haven't had any luck. Could someone please tell me what program i need to design weapons and where to find it?

Post by Guest »

Also, when the game loads one of the advertisements says says, get the job, accept the job, get paid, or something along those lines. Well it shows a monthly bank statement, atm I have nearly 2billion creds, but i have yet to see a statement of that type. Also in the confed explore advertisement it mentions owning a planet, is that possible?
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

You can open up most any of the game files in notepad.exe. They're mostly in XML, which is pretty straighforward to edit.

You want to edit the file weapons_list.xml to modify weapons.

As for the stuff in the splash screens... the monthly statement is a dramatization. The stuff in the explore splash doesn't say anything about owning planets, it says something about getting a prospecting percentage fee or something. Which isn't actually in the game, either. It's just random flavor.

Post by Guest »

cool, thanks for the help, the aerans wont know what hit them!!! :twisted:
Mercer42
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Mercer42 »

what about the XIA files, or config files? What were they created with?
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

I'm not sure what an XIA file is, but most all config and stat files in Vega Strike are plain text, and were created with simple text editors.